Software Developer (PHP) - Glasgow City Centre
FPSG are delighted to once again be working in partnership with a Glasgow City Centre client who are seeking an experienced PHP Developer to join the Digital Product team who are at the early stages of a successful Digital transformation. With the opportunity to work on a variety of high profile projects, the team have a mind-set of an independent business where your opinion and ideas will generally matter but with the backing of a much larger organisation.
As a PHP Developer you will work alongside an agile and cross functional team of likeminded technical experts and will be expected to build responsive web applications as well as customise existing products whilst working with the latest technology and gaining exposure to a variety of subprojects.
- Assist in delivering a variety of projects across several platforms at one given time
- Support the team in scoping and planning of projects
- Adhere to and suggest improvements to the client's existing best practices including but not limited to Revision Control, CI, Deployment and Issue Tracking
- Engage with the wider Development community through specialised events, conferences, meet-ups and training
To be successful in the role of PHP Developer you will have:
- Exposure to and knowledge of Node.js, Apache and MySQL or equivalent tech
- Experience with database tech (MongoDB, NoSQL or equivalent)
- Hands-on exposure to MVVM and MVC architectures
- Great communication skills paired with a strong interest towards full-stack Software Development
Besides the opportunity to work with a bright, talented and passionate team, you will be based in our client's shiny new office in the heart of Glasgow, be exposed and have the opportunity to use the latest tech stack and take part in tailored training programmes. This role also offers a fantastic benefits package, including but not limited to a competitive salary, industry specific discounts and a good holiday entitlement.
Please click on "Apply Now" along with your up-to-date CV stating your notice period and salary expectations or get in touch with Stuart Aird at FPSG.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.