Diversity & Inclusion
At FPSG we promote Diversity & Inclusion by supporting the communities in which we live and work. As Diversity & Inclusion touches everything we do - from the work we do for our candidates and clients to our internal operations and our further community work - we have embarked upon our own Diversity & Inclusion journey. On our journey our priorities are:
- Giving our people the skills to provide our candidates and clients with advice. Membership of ENEI allows us to promote best practice in equality and inclusion in the workplace through employers’ guides, policy briefing, case studies, webinars and networking events to support the needs of our candidate and client partners. It also offers an opportunity for our staff to grow knowledge outside their normal job role.
- Understanding where we are in terms of Diversity & Inclusion. Although we are small in comparison to many of the businesses we support, we share many of their values and want to look for ways to create a culture of Equality and Inclusion. We will look at our processes, how we monitor progress internally and how we select our suppliers.
Throughout the year, we will be hosting a programme of events to mark specific notable dates including International Women’s Day, Workers’ Memorial Day, Volunteers’ Week, International Youth Day, National Work Life Week and World Mental Health Day. These events will range from fundraisers and collections to coaching workshops and candidate and client surveys.
Do you have your own D&I story to share? We would love to hear it. Contact our Director of Operations, Kirsty Peacock, firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Living Wage
FPSG is based in Scotland, a region where nearly a fifth of all jobs (18%) pay less than the real Living Wage – around 404,000 jobs
Kirsty Peacock, Operations Director, FPSG said: “FPSG has become a Living Wage Employer as it reflects our value of commitment to supporting the needs of everyone we work with. As a responsible employer we want to ensure our employees have a wage which is enough to live on.”
Tess Lanning, Director, Living Wage Foundation said: “We’re delighted that FPSG has joined the movement of over 4,000 responsible employers across the UK who voluntarily commit to go further than the government minimum to make sure all their staff earn enough to live on.
We are delighted to announce that FPSG been accredited as a Living Wage Employer. Our Living Wage commitment will see everyone working at FPSG receive the accredited real Living Wage.
The real Living Wage is the only rate calculated according to the costs of living. It provides a voluntary benchmark for employers that wish to ensure their staff earn a wage they can live on, not just the government minimum. Since 2011 the Living Wage movement has delivered a pay rise to over 150,000 people and put over £600m extra into the pockets of low paid workers.
Diversity & Inclusion
We plan to host a range of activities on a quarterly basis to highlight specific awareness days such as International Women’s Day, National Careers Week, Workers' Memorial Day and World Mental Health Day.
To get involved, please contact Kirsty Peacock, email@example.com
In recognition of our commitment to our candidates and clients, FPSG has become a member of the Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion (ENEI). Membership allows us to promote best practice in diversity and inclusion in the workplace through employer guides, policy briefings, case studies and further tools to support the needs of our partners through expert advice.
View our Scottish Athletics story - https://vimeo.com/302289443
Excitement is building here at the FPSG offices, as we build up to the start of our 2019 Outdoor Season! We have events lined up over six weekends between May and September and can expect some stellar performances from our young athletes if the 2018 Outdoor Season is anything to go by. If you want to witness Personal Bests and record breaking performances, here is our schedule:
- 10/11/12 May - North, West & East District U13, U15, U17 Track & Field Championships - Inverness, Grangemouth & Kilmarnock
- 15 June - SUPERteams at Scotstoun Leisure Centre, Glasgow
- 13/14 July - National Combined Events and National Masters Championships - Grangemouth Stadium
- 10/11 August - National U13, U15, U20 Championships - Grangemouth Stadium
- 17/18 August - National 127th Senior and Under 17 Championships - Grangemouth Stadium
- 15 September - National Relay Championships - Pitreavie Athletics Centre
scottishathletics are always looking for volunteers at their extremely busy and popular events (no experience necessary), see here for more information.