Lead Application Developer
Lead Application Developer
Our client are an innovative and transformative organisation working with the very best technology to help their extensive customer base achieve the best service. They combine strategy, technology and innovation, to turn complexity to opportunity and deliver outstanding service, enabling you to build a lasting career with an exciting organisation.
We offer opportunity to learn new technologies and work on challenging projects, in a dynamic environment. As a Lead Application Developer, you will work with the Application Development team to bring new web capabilities to existing product suites across all business areas aligned under our brand.
FPSG is looking for a highly motivated Developer to lead the development and support of a number of mission critical applications. We are looking for a professional who has worked in an internet facing application development environment and have Fantastic technical skills as well as the ability to interact with team around you. You will have the desire to learn new skills and aim to achieve the highest standards possible.
You will take on the role of a lead developer on a variety of projects, liaising directly with the project manager and end clients. You will be designing solutions, developing code, reviewing work of other developers and pushing standards to achieve the highest level of quality from the team.
Our client takes a sensible approach on flexible working, some days can be worked remotely within reason. Also on offer is private healthcare, pension scheme and a generous bonus.
Main duties/responsibilities include;
- Developing Java applications and services
- Providing technical guidance for developers within the team
- Accountable for delivering high quality code
- Collaborating on project plans with the project managers
- Putting estimates in place, presenting to stakeholders
- Making technical decisions, reviewing detailed technical designs
- Taking part in security reviews
- Signing-off releases
- Utilizing and promoting design methodologies, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Providing troubleshooting advice for supported systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Relevant working experience
- Design and develop REST Web APIs/services
- OWASP/Web App Security
- Consuming SOAP web services
- Spring MVC
- Unit Testing, Test Automation
- Java 8+
- Spring Boot, Spring Security
- T-SQL, SQL Stored Procedures
- Spring Core Framework, Spring Data/JPA
- Swagger, Postman, SoapUI
- Experience with source code management systems (GIT/SVN/RTC)
- Maven or Gradle
Nice To Have Requirements;
- Experience developing microservices, service mesh, Istio or equivalent
- Docker, AWS, CloudFormation
- TypeScript, Angular 2+, AngularJS 1.5, Karma/Jasmine/Protractor
What to do next?
Please click on "Apply Now" along with your up-to-date CV stating your notice period and day rate expectations or get in touch with Scott O'Rourke on 0141-270-5009
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.