DevOps / Linux Engineer - Glasgow
DevOps / Linux Engineer
FPSG are currently recruiting for a Linux Engineer with a desire to join a company on the DevOps journey. Joining an existing team in a fast paced Agile environment where you will be given the opportunity to progress influencing the development and deployment tools.
In your role you will be involved in the Continuous Integration, Release & Automation, Platform stability and enhancement, Maintenance & Deployment of the systems, tools & products used within the business.
As the DevOps / Linux Engineer your responsibilities will include
- Maintenance and enhancement of the Linux environment
- Maintenance of Java web applications and web services
- Engineering Evaluation & Deployment of DevOps products, tools and practices
- Enterprise Hosting Products (Web & Software)
- Build, Maintain & Support Infrastructure (Lan/Wan/San/VM)
- Improving Continuous Integration (CI) and Release Management function
- Solid Scripting Skills
- Supporting the journey bringing Platform and Development together
To be successful in the post, your experience will include:
- Advanced knowledge of RedHat Linux (RHEL Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Language: Python, Java or Ruby
- Use of Continuous Integration, Monitoring and Release management tools
- Hobbit, Jenkins, Crucible
- Apache / Tomcat
- VMWare, LAN / WAN / SAN
- Knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, Ingres) Exposure to NoSQL
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an environment where you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package (Extensive Holidays, Employee Incentives, Childcare Vouchers, Employee Assistance, Healthcare etc) as well as a structured career path, feel free to contact myself directly for a confidential discussion to find out more.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Key skills terminology
Linux, Unix, Scripting RedHat, RHEL, DevOps, Java, Python, Ruby, Web Services, Lan, Wan, San, VM, Virtualisation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Improvement, Release Management, Hobbit, New Data Guard, Relic, Jenkins, Crucible, RDBMS, Oracle SQL Server, Ingres, RAC, Clusterware, DataGaurd