DevOps / Automation - Glasgow
FPSG are currently recruiting a DevOps Engineer for our client to work from their City Centre office. You will join an existing, growing team working within a fast paced Agile environment where you will be given the opportunity to progress within the team whilst influencing the development and deployment tools.
In your role as DevOps Engineer, you will be involved in the Continuous Integration, Release & Automation, Maintenance & Deployment of the day-to-day tools & products used within the business. You will be liaising with 3rd party vendors and looking after the deployment of open-source development tools and products. These tools will then be hosted by the team using the company infrastructure to be used by the developers and testers throughout the business.
AS THE DEVOPS ENGINEER YOUR DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
* Engineering Evaluation & Deployment
* Enterprise Level Development Tools
* Enterprise Hosting Products (Web & Software)
* Building, Maintenance & Infrastructure Support
* Test Driven Development including Automation (TDD)
* Continuous Integration (CI)
* Database & SDLC Practices
* Solid Scripting Skills
TO BE A SUCCESSFUL DEVOPS ENGINEER, TECH EXPERIENCE SHOULD INCLUDE
* 1 Object-Oriented Language: Python, Java or Ruby
* Linux (RHEL Preferred)
* Perforce and Git
* CI - eg Jenkins / TeamCity
* Code Quality - eg Sonar
* Apache / Tomcat
* Agile and TDD practices
* Issue Tracking - eg Jira
Additional Beneficial Experience / Areas for development
* C++ or Scala
* Cloud product knowledge AWS or Azure
* Bitbucket, Svn, VSTS, Bamboo
* Puppet, Chef, Ansible
* Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an environment where you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package as well as a structured career path, feel free to contact myself directly for a confidential discussion to find out more.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.