Test Manager - ISTQB - Permanent in Edinburgh
Excellent Package, Certified Training
FPSG in Scotland are inviting Test Managers who are open to a career step to work with one of our most high profile Clients in the local Edinburgh area. We will be hosting interviews in our Edinburgh offices to learn more about your Test Manager experience and share more information on this diverse opportunity, which will see you as a highly visible SME for Testing within the organisation and externally too. Being familiar with managing Testing across multiple environments, including defining and delivering the Test plan, managing the Test team and senior stakeholders will stand you in good stead for this excellent and rewarding career opportunity.
Some of the Qualifications which FPSG are keen to see referenced in your CV:
* ISTQB Certification Advanced Test Management Level.
* ISTQB Agile Certification.
* ISTQB Certification Advanced Test Analyst or Prince 2 equivalent.
* ITIL foundation level
* Project Management methods and tooling including planning, risk management, monitoring and reporting.
Some of the Key Test Manager's duties and responsibilities:
* Defining the Test strategy, including quantified coverage targets and agree this with the Project Manager / Client.
* Producing and executing the project / service Test plan, based on a risk-based Testing approach to cover budgeting, planning and organisation of all Test activities.
* Proactively managing risks and issues, proposing and implementing mitigations.
* Resourcing and managing the Test team, and develop their skills and capability.
* Providing structured estimates for Testing using best practice.
* Reviewing consolidated Test results actual against plan, and identify and implementing remedial actions where required in agreement with Project Management and other stakeholders.
* Identifying and implement improvements to Test processes.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of the most common Test approaches including V-Model, Agile Sprint, ITIL SV&T, and in-depth experience of at least one.
* Ensuring Test approaches are aligned to relevant quality standards.
* Identifying and leading the implementation of significant improvements to the Test activities.
* Managing risk and recommending and implementing appropriate actions to address actual or potential slippage, over-spend or other threats to successful delivery.
* Owning the client engagement with respect to all aspects of Testing.
* Manage stakeholders effectively with an emphasis on maximising client satisfaction.
* Establish a defect management process, and ensure that is implemented across the project.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of the relationships between Test, Quality Management and Acceptance within different delivery methodologies including V-model and Agile.
* Effectively managing virtual and / or mixed (client/partner/contractor/internal) Teams.
Reward & Remuneration:
In return, FPSG's client will offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus, training and further career progression opportunities.
Please submit an up to date CV highlighting your relevant experience, immediately. Candidates with the above required skills can expect to be contacted quickly after submission to discuss progressing into the interview process
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
For further opportunities within the IT sector with FPSG Clients across Edinburgh, Scotland and beyond, please visit our website and also follow @MTFPSG and @FPSGrecruitment on Twitter where we use #IT_FPSG to highlight our IT jobs, blogs and posts.