Technical Project Manager - FinTech
Technical Project Manager - FinTech
FPSG are currently recruiting for an exciting Global FinTech organisation who are setting up a new centre of excellence in Edinburgh. One of their key initial team will be a Technical Project Manager who can demonstrate broad skills managing internal and external Development, Implementation and Rollout Projects. Preference will be given to candidates with strong Agile understanding and knowledge of Cloud (AWS) enabled solutions. This is a truly unique opportunity to join at the beginning, in effect a start-up where the credentials for success are already in place.
As the Technical Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
* Creating project plans & resource planning. Holding a strong control on project deliverables, risks, obstacles and mitigation of these.
* Prioritisation tasks, allocation of resources and ensure this is done in co-ordination with business owners & other stakeholder.
* Monitor and control of performance, cost, scope, schedule and quality.
* Responsibility for an up-to-date, standardised technical specification for the delivered projects.
* Communicate and manage change requests to relevant stakeholders, provide support throughout development and test of the final product.
* Ensure up to date status & communication of the on-going projects to stakeholders, to ensure transparency on progress of projects & estimated delivery times.
* Maintain register of actions, issues, risks and lessons learned and report on project progress & status on a weekly basis.
* Be fully familiar and understand authority levels and ultimate accountability of this role for area and countries. Liaise regularly with Integration quality manager, head of application development and other relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance
To be successful in the post, your experience will include:
* A track record displaying the ability to take ownership of projects and deliver, showing the ability to identify and solving problems.
* Strong experience working with Systems Integrations and dealing with multiple vendors.
* Exposure to server side technologies, FTP, web services and databases in a general/high level and have the ability to understand general/high level the client/server model.
* Involvement in Agile lead Fintech Projects with some exposure to Cloud (AWS) Solutions
* Must be able to prioritize while working on multiple concurrent projects and assignments.
* Ideally certified in Agile methodologies, Prince 2 Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent.
* Ability to prepare reports and presentations to communicate effectively to the project sponsor, the wider company, partners and customers.
Without doubt FinTech is an exciting career path, this organisation take this desirable opportunity and improve it. In effect they de-risk the career move. They are already established with products and services. They already have customers consuming their services and others lined up. They are led by a number of industry veterans with domain knowledge and industry contacts. However there remains a start-up style opportunity to be in at the beginning, to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful Technical project manager with the relevant experience and skill matches for the role will receive a generous salary and package. Holidays and company initiatives will keep you motivated, the flexible working patterns and the relaxed dress code inspires creativity over conformity required elsewhere. Packages are bespoke based on experience.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Key skills terminology