Oracle Database Developer (DBA & Development)
Oracle Database (DBA & Development) - FinTech
FPSG are partnered with an exciting FinTech business who are expanding their worldwide operations in Edinburgh and currently need to add a Database Developer to their ranks. You will be working on the development of numerous and varied interface to connections to outside parties across different platforms.
This role will help the business continue to disrupt established players in the market and offer customers innovative products and services. You will become a key member of the IT Team and overall business, helping to develop and implement payment service solutions to end customers.
Key responsibilities of the Database Developer include:
* Development & maintenance of all Database queries
* Key invovlement in developing into a new broad Cloud-based stack
* Involvement in development of Data strategy for Open Banking
* Definition and maintenance of central Oracle database
* Development of Cloud based solutions (AWS)
* Ensuring high performance and responsiveness of application
* Implementation of security and data protection solutions
* Work with the product and design teams to understand customer needs and requirements, help formulate use cases
* Helping to identify solutions and champion the next generation client solutions
Knowledge and Experience required by the Database Developer:
* Demonstrable experience designing, planning and implementing a suite of PL/SQL scripts and tools to drive Oracle database procedures
* Exposure to Oracle Data Warehousing
* Comfortable with a focus on both DBA and Development functions
* Ability to make own decisions while working as part of a team
* Willing to work in an environment where many decisions have still to be taken and where change is an ever present feature
* Able to develop and grow within a new team
Desirable experience and opportunity for cross training:
* Awareness and understanding of Open Banking
* Developing into a Cloud-based data stack (AWS Amazon Web Services)
* Demonstrable experience designing, planning and implementing a suite AWS Cloud Data solutions in documentDB, MongoDB
Without doubt FinTech is an exciting career path, this organisation take this desirable opportunity and improve it. In effect they de-risk the career move. They are already established with products and services. They have already customers consuming their services and others lined up. They are led by a number of industry veterans with domain knowledge and industry contacts. With the new strategic plan to bring outsourced development in-house, there remains a start-up style opportunity to be in at the beginning, to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful Cloud Data Developer with the relevant matches to the role and the business will receive a generous salary and ever expanding package. Holidays and initiatives will keep you motivated and the flexible working patterns and the relaxed approach inspires creativity over conformity.
Please ensure you submit your CV immediately for this opportunity. FPSG are partnered exclusively with our FinTech Client to meet all their hiring needs and will advise suitable candidates of the process that can progress swiftly and with guaranteed feedback from interview. Business commitments aside there is no long, drawn out processes, if you're deemed amongst the best Data Developers for these roles, you will get selected and given an opportunity to progress an exciting career in FinTech.
Key skills terminology
Database Developer, Data developer, DBA, Support DBA, Development DBA, Backend Developer, Data, Data Warehouse, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL, Amazon Web Services, Cloud, Jira, MongoDB, documentDB, NoSQL, API's, Open-Banking, AI, Data Set-up, Data Configuration, Data Index
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process