Data Engineer - Edinburgh
Want to join a Data practice that are truly renowned for their technical excellence? As a true leading light within the world of Data consultancy the team are on the search for the best and brightest within the data space to join their team… if you are keen on delivering real world value and working on some of the biggest data houses across the UK then this is for you
The company are truly people/culture first and want people that are keen to engage and be part of a true team environment. Being technically excellent isn't enough you need to be able to communicate your understanding to people of all technical ability and make sense of black box solutions for those with limited understanding.
As a company they truly embrace personal development and will do all they can to enable your further development, so if you want an employer that invests in you then look no further.
- Working on complex solutions including batch and streaming architectures, on-prem to cloud implementations and event driven/streaming architectures.
- A strong understanding of code control and deployment.
- Experience on working on client facing projects including: Data Strategy, Data Analytics, Applied ML and Data Transformation
- Working across cross functional teams to collaboratively solve business problems.
- Industry experience of working within AWS, Azure or GCP environments.
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Good understanding of SQL including Postgres
- Data modelling, data structures, databases, and ETL processes
- large-scale data sets, including both structured and unstructured data
An excellent base salary of up to £70K for the right person with an excellent benefits package
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process