An amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior Scientist to join the Assay Development team at an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. This company combines amazing work with an amazing culture - where you will be designing and delivering cutting edge and outstanding new healthcare solutions to market, alongside an unbeatable team. The role represents the prefect opportunity for an assay development specialist to make extensive use of their skills working on exciting projects, while building a career with a company that values and fosters their talent. If this role sounds like it could be the perfect fit for you, or you would like to know more, then get in touch! We would love to hear from you! An excellent salary and benefits package are on offer to the successful candidate, in addition to other amazing perks and bonuses.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Scientist with experience of immunoassay technology or molecular diagnostics. This role is full-time, permanent and will be based in Stirling, working days Monday to Friday (08:30 to 17:30).
You will be accountable for the daily management of a complex significant technical project and may act as line manager or technical lead for a number of less senior roles. You will be accountable for the technical delivery behind a new product line. You will be responsible for building, maintaining and using significant depth of knowledge in a specialised technical area critical to the future direction of the company. You will also be accountable to deliver solutions to complex problems which will move programs forward.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead significant technical project and be responsible for delivery (e.g. responsible for one assay within a project team).
- Lead the technical understanding of the future products that are under research and development.
- Deliver technical solutions to key problems raised during product development.
- Create, develop and undertake new experiments in specialist field.
- Prepare and present results / developments for senior management.
- Provide technical input to the team to assist in reaching solutions.
- Challenge scientific and technical rigour of experiments and experimental design.
- Use statistical methods to design and analyse experiments and make the appropriate scientific conclusions and define next steps required.
- Challenge approach to running of protocols and experiments.
- Understand business goals and set and agree appropriate technical goals within team.
- Manage multiple and complex parts of a technical project at the same time.
- Deliver technical solutions to enhance product development.
- Provide day-to-day direction for experiments and project plans of team in line with overall business goals and budget.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and people development, along with the following experience:
- Degree Qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience and understanding of factors which drive assay performance (including sensitivity, range, stability, reproducibility and precision).
- Skills in problem solving and innovation.
- Experience of diagnostic immunoassay technology or molecular diagnostics.
- Track record of developing assays within a design controlled framework.
- Ability to write clear and concise protocols for complex assay methodologies.
- Ability to identify and investigate non-conformances swiftly, and implement robust corrective actions.
- Experienced in summarizing and communicating project data for senior staff and stakeholders.
- Experience of Statistical analysis and Design of Experiments.
- Ensure laboratory books and other records are completed accurately and timely.
- Experience of working in a laboratory within GLP + GDP guidelines.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of validation and verification planning and testing.
- Experience in Design of Experiment and application to product development.
- Experience of GMP / GLP / GDP standards.
- Experience and understanding of factors important in reagent preparation and drying
- Experience working in the IVD industry, and having launched IVD products.
- CE marking IVD products, 510K submission and approval process.
- Application of 6-Sigma within an R&D setting.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment.
- Line manage experience.
Apply online in the first instance, or contact Liam Baxter at Tel: 0141 270 5136 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process