FPSG's client, a market leader in credit management services, is looking for a Data Scientist to complement their Advanced Analytics team. This is a very exciting time to join the Advanced Analytics Team and be part of their journey where you will you use your knowledge as a Data Scientist to drive their business through developing end to end machine learning based advanced analytical projects related to operational optimisation and improving the customer experience of the consumer portfolios
If you love data, are highly analytical and able to see how to use data and analytics to deliver quantified answers to complicated questions and are inquisitive by nature the this could be the role for you.
You will develop end to end machine learning based advanced analytical projects related to operational optimisation and improving the customer experience of the company's consumer portfolios and participate in project related activities such as conducting requirement workshops, task planning and estimation, analysis work, model development and deployment, ongoing monitoring and versioning.
You will become a subject matter expert on understanding where the data comes from, how its captured or created, covering customer personal data, credit bureau data, transactional data, digital and telephony data and mentor junior data scientists and share knowledge with wider Decision Science team through 1:1s, knowledge sharing sessions, code reviews etc.
- Appreciate that success of developing a machine learning system is ensuring it delivers commercial value to the business.
- Prior experience in working within a team and developing deployable systems in full within agreed deadline.
- Experience of working on various stages of machine learning pipeline, understanding Variance-Bias Trade-off and model development.
- Experience in developing production grade systems and productionising ML models using REST APIs.
- Knowledge of model management and monitoring post deployment.
- Have developed text-based systems employing Natural Language Processing (NLP) algorithms using N-grams, word embeddings and/or transformer-based systems etc.
- Working knowledge of key machine learning based algorithms: supervised (Linear regression, SVM, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting and Neural Networks), Unsupervised (KMeans, Gaussian Mixtures, DBSCAN) etc
- Appreciate issues related to model bias, ethics, and model explainability.
- Have some experience in communicating complex technical ideas to different technical and non-technical audiences through presentations, meetings, and written communication.
- A strong interest in retail financial products and innovation in the consumer financial services market.
- Familiarity with regulations around use of data (CONC, SCORE, principles of reciprocity, GDPR, closed user groups, information security) is a bonus.
- Experience in product development - principally data or classification products
- Experience using Cloud based virtual machines for analytical projects
- 1-2 years professional experience of developing data intensive software with Python
- Experienced in using SQL to query and process data.
- Cloud computing experience, preferably Azure but AWS is fine too.
- Experience in developing and deploying API services.
- Financial Services on the product or investment side.
- Quantitative degree or post graduate qualifications.
- Understanding of open banking would be very useful.
- As part of a small you will be a team player who is productive, will collaborate, peer review and works well with close colleagues.
In return, the successful Data Scientist will receive a competitive salary with excellent additional benefits including bonus and a flexible hybrid working environment.
For further details and consideration please contact FPSG at your earliest opportunity for this or similar positions we have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process