It’s that time of year again! To celebrate our sponsorship of Scottish Athletics, last Saturday we held our annual FPSG Family Day. The event centred around the U12 Scottish Athletics SUPERteams event at Scotstoun Leisure Centre. SUPERteams is for emerging young athletes to each compete in four events. It’s great fun and gives U12s a first real taste of athletics competition and being part of a team. It was an action packed day as 129 teams and over 500 competitors from all over Scotland, took to the podium!
Family Day Activities
FPSG added to the fun with children’s activities on the Clubdeck such as face painting, arts & crafts, and a treasure hunt. Our Family Day was great fun for all ages! In attendance was many of our staff, clients, candidates and their families. For many of us, it was our first chance to see our young athletes in action. We were all super impressed by the talent and enthusiasm on display. But, what inspires our young athletes?
Inspiring our Young Athletes
The highlight of the day was the ‘Wall of Inspiration’. We asked our young athletes to tell us what motivated them to get involved in athletics. Whilst many big stars were mentioned, it was great seeing that coaches and family members also made our young athletes tick:
- Lucy, Airdrie Harriers “I am inspired by my teammates they are4 supportive and encourage me”
- Archie, Cumbernauld ACC “I am inspired by my big brother, Logan who is good at javelin”
- Fraser, Haddington Running Club “I am inspired by the coaches and you can make a lot more friends”
- Sam, Haddington Running Club “I am inspired by the fans cheering me on and Mo Farah because of his determination and his resilience”
- Joshua, Haddington Running Club “I am inspired by Jamie my coach and people cheering me on”
- Isla, Haddington Running Club “I am inspired by the fact we train hard but we make sure we are having fun at the same time”
- Lucy, Cumbernauld ACC “I am inspired by my mum who was the Scottish and British high jump champion when she was an u15
- Niah, Cumbernauld ACC “I am inspired by my big sister because she always makes me happy and makes everyone smile”
- Jessica, Cumbernauld ACC “I am inspired by my big sister Grace. She always supports me and she one of the best athletes I’ve ever seen.
In November 2017, FPSG entered into a four year sponsorship deal with Scottish Athletics. The partnership supports the Annual Awards Dinner and the Scottish Athletics Indoor and Outdoor seasons.
We wanted to focus on a partnership which would support the communities in which we live and work, with an emphasis upon our young people. Scottish Athletics met this. With over 150 clubs across Scotland, athletics is made accessible to young people from diverse backgrounds, regardless of their life circumstances.
Our partnership offers practical workplace assignments and skills training to Scottish Athletics members. Through an events programme run by our specialist recruitment consultants, we are able help transfer sport skills into workplace skills. Subsequently, helping young people with their careers.
Reach Your Goal
FPSG offers specialist recruitment services to the Contact Centre, IT, Professional Services, Energy & Infrastructure and Public Sectors. For more information on how we can help you reach your goal, contact us today!