Systems Architect - FinTech - Edinburgh
FPSG are currently recruiting for an exciting Global FinTech organisation who are setting up a new centre of excellence in Edinburgh. One of their key initial team will be a Systems Architect who can demonstrate the hardware, software and systems expertise to help to define and maintain the current and future banking and financial services targeted solutions. This is a truly unique opportunity to join at the beginning, in effect a start-up where the credentials for success are already in place.
As the Systems Architect your responsibilities will include
- Designing and implementing short and long term goal for managing, maintaining and enhancing systems and software solutions
- Ensuring Systems Architecture designs meet with company and customer goals and objectives
- Incorporating and improving suggestions and recommendations from external parties (customers and partners) on systems architecture and solution implementation
- Ensure systems and solutions meet / exceed industry standards and best practice
- Provide a broad range of financial service domain knowledge to interface, with products, services and security.
- Provide guidance on development process to meet with current and future expansion and growth
- Develop and implement test plans to verify technical performance on infrastructure and systems with scope for improvement recommendations
- Provide a future proof systems scalable for growth
To be successful in the post, your experience will include:
- A proven track record of detailed involvement in systems architecture practices
- An ability to hire, develop and grow an effective development team
- A demonstrable record of working with third party and off-shore partners with exposure and knowledge of transitioning / migrating from an outsourced environment to an internal / in-house solution.
- Comfortable in a high pressure fast moving environment, comfortable setting, prioritising and executing tasks.
- A working knowledge of Cloud solutions, ideally within financial services, utilising AWS
- A working knowledge of Mobile Applications, ideally within financial services, utilising both iOS and Android for Online App and Mobile solutions.
- A desire to progress in AI and Machine Learning
Our client are ideally looking for an established Systems Architect with a strong and broad track record across financial services and banking. Consideration will be given to candidates who have the domain knowledge but may be currently in an alternative Architecture role or a high level systems design and development capacity.
Without doubt FinTech is an exciting career path, this organisation take this desirable opportunity and improve it. In effect they de-risk the career move. They are already established with products and services. They have already customers consuming their services and others lined up. They are led by a number of industry veterans with domain knowledge and industry contacts. However with the new strategic plan to bring outsourced development in-house, there remains a start-up style opportunity to be in at the beginning, to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful Systems Architect with all the relevant matches for the role and business will receive a generous salary and package. Holidays and company initiatives will keep you motivated and the flexible working patterns and the relaxed dress code inspires creativity over conformity to formal attire requirements elsewhere. Packages are bespoke based on experience.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Key skills terminology