Windows Server Administrator
FPSG are proudly working in partnership with a Telecommunications Network provider for their office based in Edinburgh. This is an exciting opportunity for a well established Windows Server Administrator to join an ever expanding business that is a leader in the market.
You will have a solid understanding of WS 2012-2019 and be responsible for management and configuration of customers server solutions, either on-prem or cloud based. This role required 3rd line query support for the provision of escalation relating to server and system solutions.
- Manage, maintain offer ongoing service improvements to core systems
- Work with the sales to assist with pre-sales and engaging with clients to ascertain future IT strategy
- Deploy and integrate complex solutions
- Migrate clients from on-prem to cloud technologies
- Plan and manage on boarding of new clients into the company
- Research and develop new solutions that are suited to our clients and the group
- Providing 3rd line support on site and remotely when required
- Take ownership of users' issues by identifying appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests
- Provide users with ongoing communication utilising ticketing system for both internally and externally
- Create documentation on newly deployed solutions, problem resolution, fixes
- Keep up to date on new technology market trends
- Microsoft 365 and Office 365 Deployment and Administration
- Microsoft Azure deployment, migration and administration
- Microsoft Exchange deployment, migration and administration
- Microsoft Windows Server, extensive experience up to 2019 server
- Active Directory / Exchange: Add/Remove Changes
- Device Management, RMM tool - deployment and Management
- 2FA Administration
- IT Glue Administration and Development
- In-depth hands on "problem solving" expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software
- Server Backup Configuration and Management
- Understanding of Windows Servers 2012-2019
- Hold or be working towards MCSE / MCITP
- Excellent communicator - written and verbal
- Experience within a 3rd Line support environment
- Ability to utilise initiative and be a key member to a team
- Highly organised and composed under pressure
- Prior experience within server administration
An excellent starting salary is available and you will also have the opportunity develop new skills and grow within the company. Flexible hybrid working model is a really great way to balance life with work. We look forward to discussing the best package to suit your lifestyle.
Please submit your most recent CV (in Word format if possible) in order to be considered for the interview process which will be arranged to suit your schedule and fit around current diary commitments. Suitable candidates will be contacted very swiftly and introduced to the Client once qualified with a view to completing the process in a timely fashion to fill these roles.
The hiring FPSG consultant for this role is Barry McIntyre - Technology & Digital Recruitment Solutions.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process