Windows Secuirty Engineer
Windows Security Engineer
Permanent in Glasgow
(Post Covid in office 2 or 3 days a week)
FPSG are currently recruiting for an International Enterprise organisation who are looking to grow their Platform Security Team. They require a candidate with advanced Windows Administration skills, advanced scripting skills and an exposure to various aspects of Security, DevOps, Cloud.
This is a lead role, with the ability to influence products, tools and services. It is critical that candidates have a depth of experience and a desire to learn. Scripting skills are critical, not just amending existing scripts, rather creating new scripts from scratch.
As the Windows Security Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Working in a multi-disciplined, global agile team building DevOps practices within the platform Endpoint Security team.
- Contributing to a range of BAU and New projects across various enterprise on-premises and cloud environments.
- Bringing creative input and ideas to tools and utilities to be used
- Demonstrating analytical problem-solving abilities, coupled with excellent development, communication, and organizational skills.
- Taking ownership for continuously improving the quality of solutions, through a range of methods including peer review, retrospectives and refactoring as required.
To be successful in the post, your experience will include:
- Demonstrable knowledge of true enterprise Windows environments, typically 8-10,000+ users
- An in-depth knowledge of Active Directory and Windows client-server networking
- Advanced competency with scripting language such as PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc. This is creative development, not editing
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows environments
- Have an interest to learning / working with cybersecurity technologies
- Exposure to Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, Defender for Endpoint and Microsoft E5 security product set
- Exposure to Cloud platforms, ideally Azure and Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Exposure and understanding of working in a DevOps aligned team
- A commitment to continuous service improvement
- Familiarity with containerization such as Docker
Our client are looking for career focused Windows Engineers, be that a traditional Systems Admin background or Cloud and DevOps focused professionals. Note that that the ability to demonstrate advanced scripting skills will be required at interview stage
Our client offer upper quartile packages with strong basic salaries (from £50,000 up to £80,000 total comp based on experience). The benefits includes excellent holidasy, flexible working (typically 2 or 3 days a week working from home) Pension, Healthcare and access to a strong bonus opportunity. Also note the enterprise nature of the global team means that all career development opportunities such as technical, professional or personal progression can be recognised.
Please ensure you submit your CV immediately for this opportunity.
Key skills terminology
Windows Engineer, Security Engineer, Platform Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Windows Endpoint, Windows10, Windows Server, Active Directory, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, Scripting, Windows Defender, Microsoft E5, Cloud, Azure, AWS, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Agile, ESP's, DevOps, Containerization, Docker, CyberSecurity, Cyber Security
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process