User Researchers (6m + FTC) - Central Scotland
FPSG are delighted to offer multiple live opportunities to User Researchers to come and work on a very high-profile piece of work with one of our key Public Sector Clients. These initial engagements will be for 6 months minimum on a Fixed-Term Contract basis and be suitable for User Researchers who are either looking to build upon existing experience working within the Public Sector or indeed make the move from elsewhere in the marketplace.
NB…Full right to live and work without restrictions in Central Scotland is required, as will passing BPSS checks be important if you feel these opportunities sound of interest.
Definition of a User Researcher within this Public Sector role:
User Researchers ensure that when designing digital public services that you do that with, and not just for, citizens. User researchers will work with citizens, service, and digital development teams to ensure that mutual understanding is at the heart of design and that design itself is undertaken in ways that are as open and inclusive as they can be. With this role, you will be working in a significant, large, high profile Project Team.
User Researchers scope, design and carry out research activities with users that help service design and delivery teams get a deep understanding of the people that use the service, and help users engage in the design processes in ways that are appropriate and proportionate and in keeping with the Client's principle of designing and delivering services with and not just for service users.
As a User Researcher you will be embedded in a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for planning and carrying out a wide variety of user research activities.
- Plan and conduct user-centred design research including identification of user needs and goals (through a range of methods including lab & field based usability testing, interviews, surveys, co-design workshops, contextual inquiry, ethnographic studies)
- Undertake rigorous data analyses using appropriate analytical tools and approaches as needed and involving colleagues and service users in synthesis and analysis of data
- Ensure that participating in user research is inclusive and accessible for the full diversity of both service users and team members, including developing bespoke methods and tools as necessary
- Work to ensure that user research is undertaken with and not just on users
- Ensure all research conducted meets the Client's ethical standards
- Ensure a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring that key tools, methods and processes are regularly reviewed, maintained and improved
- Explain, and be a persuasive advocate for, the value of user/design research within service design and delivery teams
- Experience designing and undertaking user research projects for digital service design
- Demonstrates the ability to choose appropriate methods for different design life cycle phases and situations
- Demonstrable ability to deliver actionable user insights and experience, working with and influencing design and delivery teams to ensure that these are embedded in design thinking
- Ability to develop successful, strategic relationships with colleagues, citizens, users, and other stakeholders based upon a commitment to collaborative working towards improved performance and results
- Experience of working with service designers and digital systems developers to critique and develop design thinking based on evidence of user
After the fast-tracked interview process, you will be assessed and offered a contract with an excellent starting salary, with the opportunity to earn bonus and enjoy holidays, pension contribution and other benefits. Further details are available for suitable candidates who meet the criteria outlined.
Please register your interest in these roles immediately, as they will be filled as soon as the correct talent is identified. By sending your CV (preferably in Word format if possible) through to FPSG, you will be considered very promptly and provided an outcome for next steps. The need is both current and will be on-going. FPSG have been awarded this significant piece of work and are key partners into a long-term Project, so plenty of opportunities both now and in future.
Hiring contact at FPSG: Michael Taggart - Director, IT Recruitment Solutions.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process