Technical Project Manager (AWS / Data / Open Banking) - FinTech
Technical Project Manager (AWS / Data / Open Banking)
FPSG are currently recruiting for an exciting FinTech organisation who are rapidly expanding their Edinburgh Tech Hub. They require a Technical Project Manager who can demonstrate broad skills managing internal and external Development and Implementation Projects.
Preference will be given to candidates with strong Agile understanding and knowledge of Cloud (AWS) Data (Oracle & NoSQL) enabled solutions. This is a truly unique opportunity to join at the beginning.
As the Technical Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
* Creating project plans & resource planning.
* Control on project deliverables, risks, obstacles and mitigation of these.
* Prioritisation tasks, allocation of resources and ensure this is done in co-ordination with Internal & End Customer stakeholders)
* Monitor and control of performance, cost, scope, schedule and quality.
* Responsibility for an up-to-date, standardised technical specification for the delivered projects.
* Communicate and manage change requests to stakeholders, provide support throughout development and test.
* Maintain register of actions, issues, risks and lessons learned and report on project progress & status on a weekly basis.
* Liaise regularly with quality, development and other stakeholders to ensure compliance
To be successful in the post, your experience will include:
* A track record displaying ownership of projects, showing the ability to identify and solving problems.
* Experience with Software systems Integrations and dealing with vendors.
* Significant involvement in Agile lead Projects with exposure to Cloud (AWS) Solutions
* Exposure to Data tools such as Oracle, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, documentDB
* Exposure to and understanding of Open banking / PSD2
* Ideally certified in Agile, Prince 2 or equivalent.
Our client are looking for a Project Manager already exposed to the nimble, responsive FinTech & Start-up arena, ideally to include Open-Banking targeted projects. Preference will be given to candidates who are end to end and have the desire and ability to go beyond a vanilla Project Manager. Individuals who bring influence and creativity, who get invovled at all levels from requirements gathering to process definition, who are prepared to take ownership rather than seek to delegate key tasks.
Without doubt FinTech is an exciting career path, this organisation take this desirable opportunity and improve it. In effect they de-risk the career move. They are already established with products and services. They have already customers consuming their services and others lined up. They are led by industry veterans with domain & industy knowledge. With new strategic opportunities arriving, there remains a start-up style opportunity to be in at the beginning, to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful Technical Project Manager with the relevant experience and approach will receive a £40 - 50k salary and an expanding package. Holidays and initiatives will keep you motivated and the flexible working and the relaxed approach inspires creativity over conformity.
Please ensure you submit your CV immediately for this opportunity. FPSG are partnered exclusively with our FinTech Client to meet all their hiring needs and will advise suitable candidates of the process that can progress swiftly with guaranteed feedback from interview. Business commitments aside there is no drawn out processes, if you're deemed amongst the best Technical Project Managers for these roles, you will be given an opportunity to progress an exciting career in FinTech.
Key skills terminology
Project Manager, Delivery Manager, Agile, Scrum, Prince2, Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Mobile Solutions, FinTech, Payment Solutions, Open Banking, PSD2, AWS, Oracle, PL/SQL, NoSQL
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process