FSPG's client is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers.
They are seeking an experienced Solutions Engineer to join them, ideally from a software development background who is always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve and loves solving problems. You will be technical, familiar with programming concepts & relational databases and you're able to quickly recognize more complex problems and take the lead on getting the right people together to come up with a solution.
This is very much a customer facing role, making customers successful using your products and as such you will utilize your excellent communication skills to interact both externally with prospects and customers, and internally with multiple departments. You'll also be a great listener, empathetic and practical, able to hear customer challenges and identify the best solutions that provide the greatest value.
If you love to work with smart people and thrive on getting things done in a dynamic company with unparalleled flexible working environments and you would love to work a 4-day week but get paid for 5 days, then this could be the perfect role for you!
As part of the Professional Services team, you will have a key role in ensuring the success of the implementation by working alongside the Sales team to identify and document solutions for prospective customers using our platform. During the implementation project, you will be responsible for the configuration of the platform to meet the customer needs based on the agreed upon scope and within the existing functionality of the platform. In addition, you will collaborate with Product Managers for new product features that are required for the customer's success.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Defining solutions that deliver customer value using the company's platform.
- Identifying patterns of issues that the company's product could solve for customers and collaborating with product management for their prioritization and delivery.
- Supporting Sales, Account Management and Product teams to understand and document business problems and design solutions that make our customers successful.
- Communicate and oversee the solution delivery with Project/Implementation Managers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) skills, able to interact both externally with prospects and customers, and internally with multiple departments.
- Deep understanding of technical architectures and security requirements.
- Technical skills that include proficiency with one or more programming languages concepts and SQL.
- Experience with REST API and/or GraphQL API.
- Ability to recognize more complex problems and take the lead on getting the right people together to come up with a solution.
- Solutions focused, strong "systems thinking" skills and background.
- A sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve company objectives.
- Empathetic and practical, able to hear customer challenges and identify the best solutions that provide the greatest value.
- Comfortable working with teams across time zones through web conferencing, but also comfortable meeting face to face with a customer when needed (pandemic protocols permitting).
- Team-focused, deriving satisfaction from seeing your team and the customer succeed.
This is a fully remote role and you can be based anywhere in the United States, however, please note that relocation isn't available for this role unfortunately.
In return, the successful Solutions Engineer will receive the following:
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone's input is valued
- An unrivalled work/life balance - you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- 22 days holiday per year (based on a 4-day week) plus 6 Company holidays
- Great tools - MacBook, 27" monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- 401K with matched contributions
- Excellent health cover
- Vision and dental
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Entirely private and confidential access to our resident therapist
For further details and consideration please contact FPSG at your earliest opportunity for this or similar positions we have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process