Software Engineer, FinTech, Glasgow
FPSG has exciting opportunities for full life-cycle Developers to join an expanding FinTech business. The organisation has a great blend of working with high profile complex financial products but in an informal environment driven by technology and solutions innovation.
Within your role as a full life-cycle developer you will work with a range of proprietary middle and back office services. Focused on continuous innovation, support & development you will have freedom to invent and flexibility to evolve. The restrictions of traditional financial services are removed but the exposure to complex problems, diverse platforms, complex data etc remain. Ideally you will have a strong understanding of Java8, Linux, associated scripting and exposure to full life-cycle applications within an Agile environment. Of particular interest is candidates with a proven commercial software engineering involving Crypto, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Blockchain, distributed computing
In this role as Java Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on Software Development
- Critical systems support and maintenance
- Developing and designing product functionality
- Delivery of business critical projects/products
- Escalation of hot issues pro-actively and ensuring stakeholders are kept abreast of issues through to resolution
- Strategic input to development of greenfield and brownfield BAU projects
To be a successful Java Engineer you will need experience of:
- Core Java Development (Java 8)
- Demonstrable experience in Unix/Linux, Networking, Perl and Shell scripting
- Database knowledge SQL
- Server side Java SE applications
- Micro services
- Continuous Integration / continuous development
- Experience with software analysis, leading to bug-fixing, development, and code enhancement
- Agile practices in development, testing and delivery
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Proven commercial software engineering involving Crypto, Bitcoin, Ethereum, C++, Blockchain, RUST, distributed computing, autonomous networks
FinTech is an exciting career path, this company take this desirable opportunity and improve it. They are already established with products / services, and with customers lined up to consume their services. They are led by industry veterans already engaging with technology disruptors. They provide a start-up opportunity, with the chance to be involved at the beginning, to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful Full Stack Developer will receive a generous salary and package. Holidays and company initiatives will motivate and the relaxed environment coupled with a philosophy that balances personal life, perspective and needs all creates a culture different from the normal financial service organisation.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Key skills terminology
Developer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Java8, RUST, C++, SQL, NoSQL, Banking, Financial Services, Server-side development, Java SE, Micro Services, Unix, Linux, Perl, Shell, Scripting, Agile, Scrum, JavaFX, JavaSwing, Lockless, Concurrency, Crypto, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Blockchain, distributed computing, autonomous networks, Multi-threading, Swing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Development, Low latency, low memory applications
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process