Service Designers - Public Sector - SC Cleared
FPSG are a proud partner into some of the highest profile Projects within the Public Sector across the UK. We are delighted to be able to offer a whole host of Service Designer opportunities for you to get involved on a mid to long-term basis working remotely and in due course, working on-site where required with our Clients. To support this growth and delivery, interviews are now being held to secure the best Service Designer talent on the market for these roles. Roles are open to those who are either SC Cleared currently, or able to be passed through SC Clearance. NB....being resident in the UK for the past 5 years is required as part of this process.
Role Responsibilities & Person Specification
As a Service designer you will design the end-to-end journey of a service. This helps a user complete their goal and government deliver a policy intent. Your work may involve the creation of, or change to, transactions, products and content across both digital and offline channels provided by different parts of government. You will no doubt be familiar with working to GDS standards.
Main duties include:
- Support the design and implementation of services, strategies, and policies to ensure business requirements and user needs are being met.
- Advocate for inclusive, collaborative, user centred service design practices and embed them into service design and delivery.
- Advise on which service design tools and methods to use.
- Work with user researchers to understand and meet the needs of users across a variety of channels.
- Champion design for users for whom assisted digital and / or accessibility technologies are required to access a service.
- Facilitate co-design with design teams, citizens services users, and other stakeholders.
- Prototype and validate proposed design solutions using a variety of prototyping tools.
- Identify and understand constraints, communicate these and work within them (including challenging the validity of constraints where appropriate whilst ensuring standards are being met.)
- Make and guide on design decisions and communicate how decisions have been reached.
Main duties in this role:
- Participate in and/or support programme and project assurance activities
- Contribute to DDaT community such as by participating in events and reviewing processes, tools and guidance
- Assisting with line management responsibilities within the service design team
- Other duties as required by the Client to support wider corporate activities
- Experience in a digital service design setting, designing and delivering a wide range of service design activities including: support team members to understand the value of design, negotiating design briefs and service developments, leading service design activates, and delivering service outcomes based on user, staff and organisational needs.
- Ability to choose and apply appropriate user-centred design methods (from data gathering, idea & concept generation, and prototyping) for different design life cycle phases and situations.
- Ability to communicate design approaches and insights effectively in such a way as to stimulate conversation and collaboration.
- Knowledge of other user centred design practices and experience of collaborating with them for service delivery.
In return you will be rewarded you with a 6 month initial contract, via your limited company (outside IR35) to start as soon as SC Clearance screening is in place, if not currently held. Laptop will be couriered out for remote enrolment on the Project for ASAP.
Please submit your most relevant CV (ideally in Word format) for review and expect a prompt turnaround for suitable candidates to be selected for interview, given the urgency around the vacancies and desire to get you integrated into the project.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process