Senior Software Engineer
FPSG have recently started working a really exciting SaaS company who are working on a global scale. They have massive growth plans which will continue throughout the year with tons to get stuck into. This is a great chance to join a scaling company that has a great team who are truly passionate about what they're building.
Some of their key perks include:
- 4 day working week (32 hours)
- Fully remote role (they've also got an office in Edinburgh that you can work from whenever you want)
- Great salaries on offer coupled with really strong progression
A seasoned Senior Software Engineer, you'll be open to cross-training into the company's stack - they use Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework and using a variety of other technologies. With broad software development and technical architecture knowledge and experience in a similar role with another product or software solutions business, you'll have the ability to add value on a day to day basis across the entire SDLC.
Lastly, a passion for software development, learning and continuous improvement is a must have (you should still be coding on a daily basis to some degree). It would also really help if you have these skills:
- Manage your own time and priorities, driving workstream delivery.
- Excellent communication skills - communicates technical issues clearly and concisely, proactively communicates with teammates, works cross-functionally to resolve issues
- Good leadership skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to coach others to success in this area.
- A go-to expert in at least one area of software development or the Administrate platform, with an increasingly strategic mindset.
- Able to understand a customer's strategic/business drivers of projects communicate this effectively to teams and colleagues.
- A champion of giving and receiving feedback effectively
As an experienced software engineer, you'll be working across the full SDLC to ensure that you're truly creating and enhancing a product that's fit for purpose. The team don't expect you to hit the ground running from the offset (hopefully demonstrated by the fact that they're open to people cross-training into their stack); however, there are certain things they're looking for in order to ensure that you're successful in the long run. Some of these are:
- Define patterns and operational guidelines for relevant domain(s).
- Write code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability.
- Collaborate with the business' own team as well as Customer Success and Product teams to seek understanding of the business context of the customer, anticipates and builds according to strategic drivers for the customer's business environment.
- Work with key stakeholders effectively to make make well-reasoned design and technical decisions, identifying potential risks and tradeoffs.
- Drive and facilitate discussions around complex technical issues.
- Plan and execute projects with complex requirements.
- Share technical context and direction and make pragmatic choices about tackling technical debt.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues outside of immediate team.
- Provide guidance to teams on effectively breaking down tasks and estimating.
- Champion clean code principles and test driven development.
- Provide insightful and comprehensive code reviews.
- Take initiative to own and resolve issues on behalf of team. Brings team members (and others team members if needed) together to solve problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and share this knowledge openly with colleagues, providing guidance to colleagues.
- Share knowledge of software architecture and development techniques with colleagues and the broader organization, motivate and empower teammates through delegation and coaching.
- Persistently work in unfamiliar areas, asking for help when needed, use these instances as development and learning opportunities.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process