Senior Formulation Scientist
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Formulation Scientist to work at a Glasgow based CDMO in a fast-paced pharmaceutical production environment. If you have experience in pharmaceutical drug product formulation, pre-formulation and/or process development and have worked in a GMP environment, then we would love to hear from you! Be part of a dynamic and friendly team built on a work culture which fosters collaboration and support. A highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package are on offer in addition to excellent career progression opportunities for the successful candidate.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Delivery of formulation design and development activities of sterile dosage forms, utilising your technical expertise at all stages of projects
- Operation of lyophilisation and formulation equipment (particle sizing, DSC, microscopy etc.), is preferred
- Formulation of both small molecules and biologics
- Adhering to the relevant quality and regulatory standards
- Attendance and contribution at project meetings / client calls
- Liaise with production department to ensure a smooth transfer of information and processes
- Write work plans and reports for assigned projects to defined timelines
- Analyse data and provide scientific explanations and insight for project work
- Complete assigned projects to defined timelines
- Ensure general lab area is maintained to a high standard
- Maintain a level of technical ability required to carry out the responsibilities of a Formulation Scientist
- Familiarity with the concepts of a Quality Management System and GMP quality standards.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well-organised and able to adhere to project timelines.
- Good problem-solving skills..
- Able to take ownership of lab equipment responsibilities and interact with providers
- Able to suggest experimental designs and manage own time to prioritise tasks
- Complete time-sheets in a timely fashion
Safety and compliance
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of relevant regulatory requirements for GLP, department SOPs and company safety and environmental policies
- Follow GLP, SOP, safety and hazardous waste rules on a regular and consistent basis
- Address areas of non-compliance as appropriate
- Maintain technical notebooks ensuring completeness and timely signatures
- Provide input to technical agreements as required
- Attend customer meetings on and off site as required
- Write project reports
- Assist with customer audits relating to own project issues covering R&D labs
- Maintain GMP awareness and compliance where required
- Write and have input to R&D department SOPs covering lab procedures and equipment
- Report instrument faults to the engineer or appropriate person
- Identify equipment purchases
- Identify consumables purchases
- Assist with regulatory audits covering R&D lab areas
- Responsible for laboratory Health and Safety
- Educated to a minimum of Degree level, or equivalent with significant industry experience in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, biomedical engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in pharmaceutical drug product formulation, pre-formulation and/or process development
- Understanding of GMP requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work using own initiative, under pressure and demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and projects
- High attention to detail
- Working knowledge of parenteral and non-parenteral formulations
- Hands on experience in pre-formulation work including measuring physical properties (e.g. pKa, partition coefficients, pH-solubility profiles, etc), selecting suitable excipients etc
- Hands on working experience in solubilising excipient selection
- Knowledge/experience in lyophilisation cycle optimisation/development
- Specific experience with lyophilisation and analytical equipment (particle sizing, DSC, microscopy etc.)
- Experience in the formulation of both small molecules and biologics
Excellent Benefits, with a big focus on employee engagement
Apply online in the first instance, or contact Liam Baxter at Tel: 0141 270 5136 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process