Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning
FPSG's client, a market leader in credit management services, is looking for Senior Data Scientist (Machine Learning) to complement their Advanced Analytics team. This is a very exciting time to join the Advanced Analytics Team and be part of their journey where you will you use your expert knowledge as the Senior ML Data Scientist to drive their business through Data Analytics, Model Development & Productionising Models to Monitoring and Feedback and build and develop your own team.
If you love data, are highly analytical and able to see how to use data and analytics to deliver quantified answers to complicated questions and are inquisitive by nature the this could be the role for you.
The Senior Data Scientist (ML) role, within the Advanced Analytics team focuses on optimising operations within the company using Machine Learning skills. This is a high impact role where you will have the chance to add significant value to the business and influence the way it operates using data. The role aspires to a position with strong technical leadership and will suit an individual who is ambitious yet has the ability to take the team with them.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will have 3-4 years of professional experience in developing and managing data intensive projects using the following:
Business Requirements & Value
- You can effectively communicate with business stakeholders and identify issues where machine learning can solve problems, add value and can conduct workshop sessions with stakeholders and non-technical colleagues to understand the domain, the issues they face and eventually present solutions.
- Understand the business value of the solution and define metrics to measure it and Communicate the ML paradigm with colleagues, with varying technical capabilities, from senior executives to junior staff within the company.
Data Analytics & Processing
- You like to spend time with the existing data sources and analyse it in depth along with its business context and how it is being captured and can do data exploration required for solving the issue and understand any gaps that exist with data.
- You understand the benefits of a well-represented data and can develop balanced datasets with due consideration to issues such as bias, fairness and equity communicating gaps within data to the stakeholders and plan projects accordingly.
- You have experience working on a number of ML models to solve business problems such as recommender systems, predictive models, classification models, customer specific models, personalisation and, time-series and forecasting.
- You have experience with A/B testing framework and have used it to drive customer journeys and have working knowledge of key machine learning based algorithms: supervised (Linear regression, SVM, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting and Neural Networks), Unsupervised (KMeans, Gaussian Mixtures, DBSCAN) etc and the entire end to end ML pipeline.
- You employ hypothesis-based model development process to efficiently develop the best performing model for the issue you are trying to address
- No model is useful till it can be used by the customer, you have experience in productionising models, especially on cloud and experience serving models using APIs, that are fully serviced and managed, and you appreciate the benefits of automation to deploy models in a repeatable and reproducible manner and have experience with MLOps.
Monitor and Feedback
- Data changes and so do concepts, you are able to monitor drift in models and data and can efficiently retrain models to update on a regular basis and have experience in conducting trials with customers and can measure value being delivered by the deployed model.
- You're able to capture feedback and thereby lay foundations for developing the next improved version of the system, be it changes to data, model or re-defining the issue in light of new insights.
Leadership and Project Management
- You are able to lead and manage the end-to-end delivery of the solution, have experience in managing the project and can deliver it in full to agreed deadlines and you can motivate your team and can steer conversations towards the end goal of delivering the project.
- Required: Python based Data Science stack and ecosystem.
- Preferred: Azure Cloud experience with Databricks and Spark (but AWS/GCP/etc is fine too). SQL or similar.
- Nice to have: Git or similar variant.
In return, the successful Senior Data Scientist will receive a competitive salary with excellent additional benefits including bonus and a flexible hybrid working environment.
For further details and consideration please contact FPSG at your earliest opportunity for this or similar positions we have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process