FPSG work in close collaboration with our partners, providing exceptional Azure Cloud Engineering services to the Public & Healthcare Sectors. A key role within a UK based Healthcare services provider has arisen for a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer to join the Infrastructure Support area of their business in the UK.
The platform and the products support development teams across the NHS and wider health service industries to introduce and deliver digital health solution services which in turn support clinicians and patients to manage long term medical conditions remotely.
Within this role you will be responsible for providing infrastructure support to the operations team as well as working within the delivery teams to architect, design and implement Azure based infrastructure using "infrastructure as code" and automation via scripted processes.
The business has clear objectives and ambitions to scale and innovate the existing platform and product infrastructure in order to use the latest Azure services and technology. This will then lead to the expansion of their offering across the UK and Europe and therefore need to expand the cloud infrastructure team to support this growth.
You will have a varied, yet structured role, split between implementing, refactoring and improving infrastructure templates, scripts and pipelines for around half of your time.
Other significant parts of the role will be in contributing to system and solution design and ensuring the highest levels of information and infrastructure security is maintained. The remainder of your time spent supporting activities ensuring infrastructure is fully operational and taking preventative or corrective action to improve the overall availability. One final opportunity will be your own research and development input into new and upcoming infrastructure services, practices and techniques.
This role will be perfect for someone joining with a proven track record from working as a cloud infrastructure engineer or architect, having managed Azure cloud services in a senior or perhaps lead role. It's a match if you are comfortable in dealing with highly secure, complex infrastructure and are able to articulate complex infrastructure services and deployment techniques to both technical and non-technical colleagues. You will be working closely with the CTO with responsibilities related to cloud infrastructure transitioning to yourself over time. We want you to take the opportunity to champion the use of Azure cloud services, especially PaaS (Platform as a Service) technology, providing digital healthcare solutions to clinicians and patients that they work with.
To this end, knowledge and experience of the following will be very useful:
- Overseeing infrastructure activities for platform and products
- Demonstrable, hands-on experience designing and provisioning infrastructure on the Azure cloud platform for highly sensitive and secured workloads, including but not limited to:
- Azure Active Directory
- App Service Environment (v2+)
- App Service
- Azure SQL Database/ Azure Storage / Cosmos DB
- Virtual Networking and designing secure network topologies
- Application Gateway and Web Application Firewall
- Azure API Management
- Experience in designing fault tolerant and redundant infrastructure solutions in support of business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Understanding information security, and able to design solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats
- Ability to deploy Azure services using infrastructure as code techniques:
- PowerShell(or similar) scripting
- Templated solution deployment, i.e. Bicep and ARM or familiar with other approaches (Terraform or Pulumi for example)
- Comfortable with Azure DevOps with an ability to source control your work and implement pipelines to manage build and release processes for their implementation
- Communicate and document their work for senior stakeholders and knowledge transfer to other team members
- Ability to ensure infrastructure is cost optimised for the expected workload through communication with the engineering and product teams
- Identifying opportunities for infrastructure and process improvements across the platform and product stack
Experience with the following would be a bonus:
- Experienced in configuration of monitoring and telemetry collection and alerting for Azure infrastructure
- Azure cloud data and machine learning services such as:
- Azure Synapse/Data Factory
- Azure Machine Learning Workspaces
An excellent starting salary will be offered to reflect the level of responsibility you have in this role, along with the potential to achieve bonus, recognition and career progress too.
Please apply immediately with your most recent CV to avoid missing out on this opportunity. Interviews will be held at the earliest opportunity and co-ordinated to fit your current schedule, with a view to making an offer to the selected candidate ASAP. Your FPSG contact is Michael Taggart, Director.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process