Scientist 1 R&D Reagents
Scientist 1 - R&D Reagents
What matters most?
Flexibility? Our client is offering unique opportunities for talented scientists who want that work / life balance or who simply want to work part time hours
Love what you do? Work within one of industries most exciting R&D departments, fast paced, frequent new projects and experts to lead the way to great achievements
Career development? When a company is fast growing like our client you can see your career progress at a rapid pace
Salary? This role offers a highly competitive salary
Team? Join a company with the best reputation for being a great place to work, enjoy complimentary snacks every week and enjoy getting up to go to work again!
Sounds good so far? ………….
- Support the development of assay reagents for multiple assays.
- Preparation and involvement in the development of antibody coated microparticles and fluorophore-antibody conjugates for multiple assay development teams.
- Have involvement in the development of new and improvement of current methods for characterisation of reagent performance.
- Accountable for the delivery, scheduling, design, planning and analysis of multiple experiments in line with project timelines.
- Report and present outcome of experiments and recommend next steps.
- Deliver technical solutions to complex problems identified during the course of experiments.
- Propose experiments to progress delivery of key areas of your program.
- Understand cost implications of experiments under your control.
- Ensure GLP compliance within own team and maintain GLP compliance in the department as a whole.
- Approve draft protocols and develop new process and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Act as reviewer for Laboratory Notebook, reports, QE and other documents.
- Raising, investigating and closing quality events to agreed timelines.
- Highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can do attitude.
- Ensures positive, productive and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Self-driven, takes ownership and demonstrates high levels of personal accountability, and is motivated to complete the goals and objectives
- Can listen and present effectively, providing progress updates and feedback on a regular basis
- Ability to plan and organise work in accordance with the overall objectives and required timelines
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity and is able to think strategically in times of pressure to drive toward the best solutions
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience in protein and surface chemistry processes, protein to protein coupling, and protein to surface coupling.
- Experience and knowledge of characterisation techniques used to assess performance of antibody conjugates and microparticles.
- Ability to follow complex bioconjugation protocols accurately and timely and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Knowledge of immunoassay technology.
- Experience of working in a laboratory operating within GLP guidelines.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Experience in problem solving and innovation.
- Ability to follow a protocol precisely and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Experience in the use of particle characterisation techniques e.g. flow cytometry, zeta sizer.
- Experience in the use of HPLC and FPLC (AKTA).
- Experience working in an IVD regulated environment.
- Experience and understanding of optimisation of reagent stability, assay performance and batch to batch variability.
- Experience in process scale up and characterization.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment.
Apply in the first instance online or by contacting Nichola Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0141 270 5135.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process