Principal Scientist - Drug Product Development
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal or Associate Principal Formulation Scientist to work at a Cramlington based CRO in a pharmaceutical development environment. If you have extensive experience leading drug product formulation, pre-formulation and/or process development in GxP environments, then we would love to hear from you! Be part of a dynamic and friendly team built on a work culture which fosters collaboration and support. An unmatched in industry high salary and excellent benefits package are on offer, in addition to excellent career progression opportunities for the successful candidate.
- Vibrant and dynamic employment
- Opportunities to develop your skills and yourself
- A great team where we all support each other
Our Company: "We are a dynamic, fast-growing company, with an enviable reputation for leading edge science, offering contract research services to some of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, solving what were believed to be unsolvable scientific challenges".
We believe in our ability to relentlessly push forward the boundaries of scientific excellence, delivering solutions for our clients, always operating ethically and with integrity. We take pride in our professionalism and commitment to always deliver our very best work.
We are currently seeking an Associate Principal or Principal Scientist to join our rapidly expanding Drug Product Development team. This role will lead formulation design and process development of oral solid dose and other investigational medicinal products for use in clinical trials, and the right candidate will have significant experience in this area.
- We offer a competitive salary and a progressive and comprehensive suite of employee benefits.
- We offer state of the art working environment in our modern Hoddesdon site.
- We offer the opportunity for growth and development and will support funding for relevant training and development programmes.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients, enabling the translation of client technical requirements into cohesive technical development program that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Independently design and lead formulation development activities to ensure the successful delivery of drug products in accordance with client needs. Examples may include spray drying, micronisation, blending, granulation, encapsulation, tablet compression, coating and liquids processing (sterile and non-sterile).
- Planning, execution and documentation of laboratory and pilot scale drug product batches. Manages interfaces with support departments to ensures readiness of required materials and alignment on product sampling & testing requirements.
- Provide regular project updates for internal and external audiences, via presentations and formal written reports.
- Liaise closely with matrix partners, cross functional and global teams to support the coordination of projects and assist in the development and achievement of project timelines.
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of new and emerging technologies.
- Continues learning as Subject Matter Expert in formulation, processing and drug delivery. Expand knowledge base and share knowledge through the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Further Degree level qualification in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences or chemistry related discipline.
- At least 5 years industrial experience in drug product development and clinical manufacture of oral solid dose forms. Experience with other dosage forms would be advantageous.
- Significant experience in developing conventional, enabling and modified release dosage forms for oral administration using innovative techniques e.g. amorphous solid dispersion, monolithic matrices, multiparticulates.
- Strong practical laboratory and relevant analytical skills.
- Knowledge & experience of GXP/ICH guidelines, familiarity with scale-up and technology transfer, ways of working specific to drug product development; DoE and QbD.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present scientific findings to colleagues.
- Excellent problem solving, data processing and analysis skills.
- Dedicated, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory and written work.
- Effective organisation and time management whilst contributing to a multi-disciplined environment.
Why Should You Apply?
- This is an opportunity for you as a successful Scientist to demonstrate your ability to make a real impact in a fast-growing and highly respected CRO striving to become the world leader in contract research services.
- Build and shape your career in an environment that sets and commits to the highest standards of scientific research.
- To be part of a team who support each other, embrace and solve technical challenges and put excellence at the heart of all that we do.
Excellent Benefits, with a big focus on employee engagement
Apply online in the first instance, or contact Liam Baxter at Tel: 0141 270 5136 or email your CV to email@example.com
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process