Mobile Apps Developer (iOS & Android )
Edinburgh - Permanent -
£28k-48k depending on experience
Mobile Applications development with FinTech creativity. We are currently looking for a Mobile Development specialist to join a city center based FinTech. Working in a growing team we are looking for technical ideas, a passion for iOS and/or Android apps and lots of innovation & creativity.
The post is Covid remote at present, however proximity to the Edinburgh office is important as being in the office 1 or 2 days a week will be a future requirement to assist collaboration, coaching, training and team building initiatives.
- Partaking in ownership for Mobile development, providing direction and innovation
- Ensuring quality standards and driving best practice
- Sharing knowledge on the design principles and patterns behind mobile development
- Setting an example in mobile development, - hands on Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, iOS, Android
- Building relationships with leadership teams, product teams and other business partners
- Collaborating with Design and Development
- Bringing technical innovation and evolution - new tools, new techniques, patterns, re-use, etc
- Contribute to growth and evolution of colleagues, team, and broader business
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Strong software engineering experience, ideally developing on Android & iOS platform
- A solid understanding of Android / iOS design and quality principles
- Mobile applications development skills, (to include at least two of the following) Swift, Objective-C, xCode, Kotlin, Java React Native
- A proven ability to pick up new technical skills and share/mentor from existing areas of strength
- A strong understanding of continuous integration, Agile development and app store release process.
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality scalable mobile applications
Applications are welcomed from freelancers seeking a genuine career opportunities - examples of your work and apps in the public domaine will be sought.
FinTech is an exciting career path, this organisation take this desirable opportunity and improve it. In effect they de-risk the career move. They are established with products and services. They already have customers consuming their services and others lined up. They are led by a number of industry veterans with domain knowledge and industry contacts. However there remains a start-up style opportunity to be 'in at the beginning' to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful Developer with the relevant career background, experience and approach, will receive a generous salary and package, flexible working and equity opportunities. Holidays and company initiatives will keep you motivates and the relaxed culture inspires creativity over the formality required elsewhere.
Please "apply Now" with a full CV, highlighting your relevant experience, to be consider for the next stage of this application
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Mobile Development, Applications Development, iOS, Android, Swift, Kotlin, Objective-C, Java, C#, Agile, MVVM, MVP, React Native, Viper, Test-Driven Development, Git, Rest, Jason, AWS, Continuous Integration, Continuous Development, Mobile Apps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SQL, Mongo, Amazon Web Services, Flutter, Xamarin, Xcode, TestFlight
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process