An amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior Technician to join the Manufacturing team at an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. This company combines amazing work with an amazing culture - where you will assist with the delivery of cutting edge and outstanding new healthcare solutions to market, with an unbeatable team. The role represents the prefect opportunity for a GMP experienced Technician or Senior Technician to make extensive use of their skills while building a career with a company that values and fosters their talent. If this role sounds like it could be the perfect fit for you, or you would like to know more, then get in touch! We would love to hear from you. An excellent salary and benefits package are on offer to the successful candidate, in addition to other amazing perks and bonuses.
You will work within a team of technicians and scientists in a GMP environment to manufacture reagents for commercial sale and related validation activities. You will be responsible for the ongoing manufacture and testing of reagents and related components to ensure the supply of consistently high-quality reagents to meet production requirements, while maintaining a compliant GMP laboratory environment.
This role is full-time/permanent and will be based in either Stirling or Motherwell depending on your preference. The role will be working days Monday to Friday (08:30 to 17:30).
- Report into Scientist daily for prioritisation of tasks and assist with communication and scheduling to Technicians
- Ensure raw material and consumable availability through routine stock checks and requisitions, communicating with Supply Chain and creating documentation where required.
- Prepare process buffers and stock solutions to allow reagent manufacturing schedule to be met.
- Real time data entry of material usage into electronic trackers to maintain accurate stock levels and departmental costings.
- Manufacture assay reagents safely and efficiently in line with schedule and current SOPs and WIs to meet strip production requirements.
- Ensure Technicians on processes are trained to perform activities prior to execution
- Ensure manufacturing area is maintained to the required standard through execution of defined cleaning procedures as scheduled
- Evaluate performance of raw and in-process materials at critical stages of manufacture and carry out final formulation testing.
- Carry out routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory and analytical equipment and arrange maintenance activities with external suppliers and engineers where required.
- Raise Purchase Orders for new equipment, repairs and services as needed and coordinate suitable delivery the department.
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory GLP, GMP and GDP requirements.
- Assist with the creation and update of SOPs/WIs as required.
- Create and update COSHH assessments and follow and comply with all relevant internal quality and H&S processes and procedures.
- Accurately complete batch records and reports, recording and communicating all process observations and deviations.
- Raise Non-conformances and support investigations and corrective actions.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and people development, along with the following experience:
- Previous experience working within a scientific manufacturing or laboratory environment
- Knowledge of GLP and GMP standards including Non-Conformances
- Confidence working with minimal supervision in a laboratory environment and adhering to EHS standards
- Ability to follow complex protocols and accurately complete batch records
- Experience of accurate electronic data entry
- Good at problem solving and troubleshooting
- Computer literacy, data analysis interpretation skills and good attention to detail
- Good communication, personal task management skills and high self-motivation
- Can work well within a group environment and act as a trainer to others
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts to support 24/7 manufacture
- Degree level qualified, or equivalent, in a science subject
- Commercial diagnostic assay, or similar industry experience
- Experience of working within a biohazard environment
- Experience using electronic QMS and Purchasing systems
Apply online in the first instance, or contact Liam Baxter at Tel: 0141 270 5136 or email your CV to lbaxter@FPSG.com
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process