Machine Learning Engineer - Fully Remote (Must Be US Based)
Exciting opportunity to work for an amazing startup founded over 3 years ago that's on an exciting journey, isn't venture-backed and where you will become a founding engineer. There is a fantastic package on offer and a great opportunity to really grow your career in the company. If you're driven by your love of data and ethics and you can bring fresh ideas from areas such as information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, privacy, artificial intelligence, and NLP then this is a role you should really explore further.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engineer efficient, adaptable, and scalable data pipelines to process structured and unstructured data
- Maintain and rethink existing datasets and pipelines to service a wider variety of use
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data
- regression, and rules-based models
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments
- (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU
- Partnering with data scientists to deploy and scale advanced algorithms
Essential skills will include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 5+ years with two or more languages/softwares included but not limited to: Python, Apache, Presto, R, ML/optimization, Scala
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, NLP, data mining or artificial intelligence
- 5+ years of experience with ML/AI algorithms and tools, deep learning and/or natural
- language processing.
- You will strive to write elegant code, and you're comfortable with picking up new technologies independently
- Collaborate with colleagues/partners internally and externally
- You are passionate about building intuitive data models and an expert in distributed data processing patterns
- You are comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with ambiguous requirements. You are nimble and take intelligent risks.
In return, our client will reward you with an excellent package, as well as the opportunity to significantly progress your career due to their rapid and exciting expansion plans.
Apply by clicking on the apply button or contacting Mark Farrow email@example.com
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process