Java Software Engineer
Java Software Engineer
FPSG's client is a well-established, Scottish employer and this Java position is based from their central Glasgow office. This role will cover the full lifecycle of the Software Development programme from requirements capture and design through implementation, test and go live. Your Java work will directly affect highly visible projects in a creative and supportive environment that will reward motivated individuals like you to succeed and contribute the organisation contained success.
- Enhance existing software solutions
- Work within an Agile environment to developer through the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Collaborate with the existing team to implement and test your design solutions
- Integrate your software components with our core products into a fully functional software system
- Document and maintain your software solutions
- Operate using best practice
- Be an active member of the team and wider company participating in the positive and social environment.
- Experience Designing and Implementation
- Practical experience (1 year +) with Java (Java 8+ functionality knowledge highly beneficial)
- Working knowledge of some of the technologies used to develop the product range, for example: Spring, Gradle, Ant, Eclipse, JDBC, SQL, Jira, GIT, (one or more of MySQL, Oracle, Postgres) or Shell script.
- Experience with Cloud computing, for example: AWS, GCP or Azure
- An interested in advancing technology's is critical. For example: AI, Deep Learning and more
Reward and Remuneration
A generous salary and benefits package commensurate with your experience will be provided at offer stage. In addition, you will benefit from training and a career plan within the organisation to assist you in achieving your longer term personal and career goals. This will provide the priceless experience of new emerging state of the art technology.
Please submit an up to date CV highlighting your relevant experience. Candidates with the above required skills can expect to be contacted quickly after submission to discuss progressing into the interview process. If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Holly McMullen at FPSG.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
For further opportunities within the IT sector with FPSG Clients across Scotland and beyond, please visit our website and also follow @HMFPSG @MTFPSG and @FPSGRecruitment on Twitter where we use #IT_FPSG to highlight our IT jobs, blogs and posts.