Java Software Engineer
FPSG have exciting opportunities for high performing Java Engineers to join an expanding global business. The organisation has a great blend of working with cutting edge technology, enterprise problems, contributing to innovative products, and collaborating with some of Scotland best talent.
As a Java engineer you will work with a range of proprietary services. Focused on continuous innovation & development you will have freedom to challenge and bring creativity. You will have a strong understanding of core Java, Java8+, SQL, Source Control, Continuous Integration, and frameworks such as Spring / Spring Boot.
As a Java Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborative Java led agile development on a range of Greenfield projects.
- A blend of back-end, and full stack focus to match your key skills.
- Contributing to continuous improvement
- Contributing to iterative development, liaising with business users, business analysts, product owners and other developers
- Be prepared to take ownership and responsibility with a can-do attitude
- Contribute to analytical, problem-solving tasks.
- Take ownership for your own solutions, through successful well-written and tested code
- Articulate solutions to stakeholders where necessary including a non-technical audience
- The ability to quickly identify and document root cause issues, and effectively find and communicate possible resolutions
To be a successful Java Engineer you will need experience of:
- Complex Java Development
- Developing solutions in a Java SQL environment
- Strong source-control and Continuous Integration experience
- Integration tools REST/XHR/JSON
- Understanding of Unit and end to end testing
Desirable skills and opportunities for cross training include:
- Application frameworks such as Spring Boot or Angular
- Exposure to event-based architectures
- Exposure to Unix / Linux and associated scripting
- Micro services development
- UI applications / front-end technologies (React / Redux / TypeScript / HTML5)
This client have an enviable reputation of offering candidates a diverse range of enterprise project opportunities, where complexity and collaboration will ensure continual personal and technical development.
In return, the successful Developer will receive a salary and package commensurate with experience and in the upper quartile for the market + Bonus options, training and exposure to new tech will ensure career development.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Key skills terminology
Software Engineer, Software Developer, Java8, SQL, Micro Services, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration, Continuous Development, Spring, DevOps, Azure, Java, Java9, Java SE 10, Java SE 11, Java SE 12, Java SE 13, Java SE 14, Java SE 15, Java SE 16, SQL, Spring Boot, GIT, Jenkins, REST, XHR, JSON, Jest, Puppeteer
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process