IT Service Desk Manager - Newcastle
FPSG's Client are currently offering an excellent package for an IT Service Desk Manager who will be based from their Newcastle office, in the North East of England with occasional travel opportunities too. This is a role for someone looking to take their experience and genuinely benefit from a career opportunity within a Shared Service Centre environment. The role will not suit someone who is used to moving around jobs regularly. It will however suit someone with experience as and IT Service Desk Manager looking to bring their passion to the role and make a long-term difference to the IT Service Desk, particularly through the use of technology (i.e. Chatbots, AI, Robotic Automatic Processing, etc).
As IT Service Desk Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for a small Team of direct reports and a far more sizeable number of staff in operations too, who provide 1st, 2nd and direct response support across various business needs.
- Putting the Customer first at all times, as this is pivotal to the success of the role.
- Day-to-day management of the Service Desk which encompasses Incident Breakfix & Incident Management, IMAC Delivery and other areas which will be discussed at interview.
- Driving on your staff, to ensure they meet the agreed levels of performance and meet their own career development goals to foster the organic growth model of the business.
- Ensuring technology is embraced to offer innovative and efficient, Customer centric solutions (i.e. Chatbots, AI, Robotic Automatic Processing, etc).
As a successful IT Service Desk Manager, you will have:
- A proactive approach to introducing technology as a more efficient way to improve efficiency and improve the experience of the customer. Previous examples of using Chatbots, AI, Robotic Automatic Processing, etc are of particular interest.
- Strong people management skills and advocate for collaborative working for all team-mates.
- Experience of using and implementing Service Management tools, such as Service Now, Invanti, BMC, etc.
- A clear and demonstrable experience of supporting Windows 7, Windows 10 and Office 365 based environments.
- Either strong knowledge or current accreditations with ITIL and CMMI.
- Infrastructure and End User domain knowledge (i.e. VOIP Telephony, Cloud Compute, VDI, EUC Device, etc).
- A Consultative approach or Consultancy background, which can be beneficial in the Customer first aspects of the role.
In return for the above skills and experience, FPSG's Client will reward you with a commitment to your career which will start with a competitive basic salary (negotiable upon assessment of experience), pension, 25 days + public holidays. On-going personal development is encouraged and support given to attain accreditations that improve your skills and career options.
For a prompt response, please submit your CV immediately to FPSG for review. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview at the earliest mutually convenient time.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
For further opportunities within the IT sector with FPSG Clients across Newcastle, NE England, Scotland and beyond, please visit our website and also follow @MTFPSG and @FPSGRecruitment on Twitter where we use #IT_FPSG to highlight our IT jobs, blogs and posts. FPSG are proud sponsors of the #FPSGathletics in partnership with @scotathletics (Scottish Athletics).