IT Project Manager for Payments
One of FPSG's leading Banking Clients are currently looking to hire a Project Manager with specific expertise in Payments to join them locally in Edinburgh, working on a hybrid / remote basis. Realistically, you can expect to be on-site in Edinburgh (working safely to all guidelines) around 2 days per week, which will be dependant on the nature and stage of some of the Project work you will manage.
Your work will be centred round supporting projects which enable the development of payment services for banking customers across all channels. You will manage projects for delivery of payments change to ensure continued provision of services that meet the needs of customers and the bank. From your experience you will ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and card / payment scheme requirements; and that it is fully functional 24/7.
Duties within the role of Payments Project Manager for Payments:
- Being effective and accountable within a small-medium sized Business Change Team.
- Managing and delivering projects in line with bank methodologies. Using appropriate toolsets, ensuring required governance is followed and that budgets and KPI's are met
- Tracking, reporting and management of budgets, risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies - escalating as required
- Collaborating with the Payment Strategy team to understand their payments strategy, portfolio performance and identifying opportunities and threats
- Monitoring industry developments, forums and working groups to review, shape and support delivery of industry, regulatory and scheme changes
- Understanding the payment risks, controls and events in line with the Risk Management Framework
- Identifying opportunities to improve or simplify processes, reduce costs and/or improve customer experience and update procedural and process documentation as required.
You will no doubt be familiar with working in a fast paced and inclusive team, as that's what we are. This Project Manager for Payments role is pivotal to our success so we will be impressed to learn about examples you can share of having some, if not all of the following experience:
- Payments experience relevant to the portfolio
- Significant project and / or change management experience is essential
- Experience of working in financial services is desirable
- Experience of payments systems and regulation is essential
- Confident in reviewing and interpreting industry, regulatory, payment scheme and supplier documentation
- Demonstrable understanding of card or non-card payments knowledge relevant to portfolio
- Cards / Payments experience in a payments or product management role is advantageous
- Line management experience
- Strong coaching and mentoring background.
How to apply and next steps:
Please send your CV today for Michael Taggart, FPSG Director - IT Recruitment Solutions for review and shortlisting for interview. Interviews will be arranged promptly to suit your schedule, so to avoid missing out, please apply with your most recent and relevant CV straight away.
The starting salary will be reflective of the role and your experience. The benefits package will be up to you, with a great degree of flexibility to select benefits which reflect your lifestyle and is sure to be impressive whatever you decide upon.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process