IT Infrastructure Manager
FPSG's Client, based from Hertfordshire, are offering a fantastic career opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Manager, who will be responsible for providing the strategic direction for their infrastructure function. You will lead the development of infrastructure strategy and architecture standards and procedures for the site.
Together with the IT group and third party service providers you will provide a reliable a highly available server and network infrastructure service to the site users.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing overall IT day to day operations to improve infrastructure costs, performance and end user satisfaction
- Provide leadership in planning and managing computer operations and production support, systems and database administration and network operations
- Ensure system performance and SLA's are met
- Manage IT resource requirements to ensure appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands
- Implement IT continuous improvement programs
- Lead IT asset management to ensure assets full lifetime cycle value is achieved
- Manage strategic relationships with key IT product and service providers
- Provide in depth technical expertise for both tactical and operational initiatives
- Provision in close cooperation with third party service provider an IT infrastructure that is suitable for the group to access and use their business applications
- Assess the relative impact of IT industry trends to current and future enterprise infrastructure needs and projects
- Interface with business unit managers to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyse and predict trends and develop long range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness
- Participate in IT strategy planning activities
- Responsible for liaising with the other UK sites and network of IT services to meet the functional objects of the business
- Develop the reporting for vendor performance in areas that include quality, capacity, systems and responsiveness
- Work closely with project team members line managers for time allocation and prioritisation
- Manages a dynamic team of individuals, constantly searching for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs
- Participate in the budget process
- Occasional travel is required
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field. (We will be impressed if you have a master's degree in a technological field as well).
- Ideally looking for a career background with experience as an IT Engineer in addition to solid IT experience at managerial level including managing teams responsible for architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations.
- Experience in areas such as network design and administration, data centre operations, database administration, and systems programming and administration
- Strong management and people development skills
- Understanding of ITIL practices
- Ability to think logically and demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage internal and external projects from inception to completion
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Skill in conceptualising creative solutions as well as documenting them and presenting them to senior management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies
- Experience implementing packages and working with vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why Should You Apply?
- This is an opportunity for you as a successful IT Manager to demonstrate your ability to make a real impact in a fast-growing and highly respected organisation striving to become the world leader in our field
- Build and shape your career in an environment that sets and commits to the highest standards of our industry
- To be part of a team who support each other, embrace and solve technical challenges and put excellence at the heart of all that we do
- Suitable applicants will be invited to interview ASAP and flexibility given to ensure minimum disruption to busy schedules ahead of an offer being made to the right candidate as soon as identified
An excellent starting salary and benefits package will be on offer promptly to the chosen candidate who can meet our needs and successfully come through the streamlined interview process we can work with you to suit busy schedules.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process