IT Security Officer
An exciting and diverse career opportunity to progress with a global market leader.
Joining a bespoke team in delivering first-class IT security services. As a Security Officer, you will become an essential part of the team, having exposure and involvement in all security aspects of multiple concurrent projects. It is important that within this role, your technical security skills are strong, and you must be able to articulate and express projects to non-technical customers and decision-makers. This role will benefit from a vast amount of exposure across the entire business.
Your responsibilities as an IT Security Officer will include:
- Work closely with the various leadership and project teams to manage security related projects, ensuring that they are delivered efficiently, within budget.
- Roll out security related projects with a focus on improving controls and alleviating any risks that come up along the way.
- Partnering with the business to achieve their goals in relation to security.
- Implement secure solutions which are measurable in terms of quality and quantity.
- Support the wider security team with guidance on tools and platforms, whilst providing risk assessment.
- Assessing third party risks and providing solutions
- Partnering with various SME in relation to security
To be a successful IT Security Officer you will need demonstrable experience of:
- A track record working within an IT Security role across diverse security projects.
- Working in 'enterprise' technology arenas and bringing "direct technical influence"
- Experience in the implementation of controls in relation to various technologies stacks.
- Proven experience of cloud related technologies
- Ability to implement best practices in relation to security risk management.
To progress, exposure to the below are highly desirable:
- CISM / CISSP / MIISP qualifications or experience
- OSCP or GIAC or CEH qualifications or experience
- SANS or SABSA architecture qualifications
- Scrum / SAFE practice knowledge
- Exposure to Risk / HR / Legal or Data Protection projects
The successful IT Security Officer will receive a salary and package commensurate with experience. (Salaries typically range between £45-60k depending on experience). You will also be offered a fantastic benefits package, including a % bonus scheme, pension and life assurance and multiple-lifecycle benefits.
Hybrid working practices are in place, typically circa 2 days a week in the office or on project sites. This depends on workloads, collaboration, and customer/partner meetings. In all cases working from your closest office (Surrey, Kent, Bolton, Leeds, Bristol), with any requirements beyond this being supported.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process