Go Software Engineer (GO / GoLang)
An exciting career opportunity working as a Software Engineer, positioned central to high functioning multi-focused team. You will work in partnership with DevOps and Test, delivering solutions critical to project & service delivery, an autonomous role with room for creativity and direction setting.
Working as part of a multi-functional team you will be responsible for setting adopting and improving back-end and server-side components.
In the Software Engineer role responsibilities will include:
- Driving Best Practices; promoting innovation in the Development teams. Work closely with Product Owners, DevOps and fellow Developers to establish good habits and routines.
- Collaborating and contributing to Server side Components - coding, documentation and where required operational support.
- Coding in GO, GoLang, GraphQL and managing requirements in Jira and code repos in BitBucket
- Coordinate with DevOps to develop and maintain CI / CD processes.
- Deploying Apps into an AWS Cluster
- Contributing to on-going performance measurements and preventative maintenance of production systems.
- Contributing and/or leading daily stand-ups
- Contribute to future production design processes
To be a successful Engineer you will need demonstrable experience of:
- Extensive server side development in GO / GoLang
- Experience of building applications for AWS environments
- Comfortable with Jira and BitBucket
- In-depth knowledge of Agile life-cycle and components such as Sprints, Retrospectives and Stand-ups
- Exposure to working strategically alongside DevOps colleagues
- Comfortable stepping into the decision making, tool selection, strategy defining role
- Career experience of choosing fit for purpose approaches and plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Desirable for exposure to, or understanding of, environments where 'mobile app' solutions are core to business success (iOS, Android, React Native, Expo)
- Preference for prior experience in a start-up or scale-up environment, with the ability to operate with pace and energy matching the speed of action required in an early-stage business
An opportunity to join a fast growing tech start-up, where the financial backing, business pipeline and industry veterans are already in place.
The successful applicant will receive a salary linked to experience and practical knowledge with a growing benefits package including pension, private healthcare, EAP program, etc
The work environment is characterised by flexibility with regards to working hours and practices, blended between working from home and working from the office.
Key skills terminology
Software Engineer, Software Developer, Server-side, Back-end, GO, GoLang, GO language, BDD, TDD, Agile, Jira, BitBucket, CI, CD, React Native, GraphQL, Expo, AWS, Go, GoLang, SQL, Postgre, Mobile Test, API, Continuous Integration, Continuous Development, iOS, Android,
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process