Full Stack Java Dev
Java Full Stack Developer, FinTech, Glasgow
FPSG has exciting opportunities for Java8 Developers to join a FinTech start-up business who have already started to get noticed in the Financial world. The organisation has a great blend of working with high profile complex financial products but in an informal environment driven by technology and solutions innovation.
Within your role as a Java8 Developer you will work with a range of proprietary middle and back office services. Focused on continuous innovation you will have freedom to invent and flexibility to evolve. The restrictions experience by many formal financial service organisations can be removed, but at the same time exposure to enterprise problems, diverse platforms, complex data and industry defining regulations can remain. A strong understanding of Java 8, exposure to End to end and Server side Java technologies within an Agile environment.
In this role as Java Developer your responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on Software Development
- Developing and designing product functionality
- Delivery of business critical projects/products
- Strategic input to development of greenfield and BAU projects
- Leadership and mentoring of other junior developers within the team
To be a successful Developer you will need experience of:
- Core Java Development (Java 8)
- Database knowledge SQL, MySQL, DB2 (actively seeking NoSQL understanding)
- Server side Java SE applications
- Micro services
- Continuous Integration / continuous development
- Agile practices in development, testing and delivery
- JavaFX, Mesaging & Middleware
- Exposure to principles such as Lockless / lock free programming, concurrency, multi-threading
- Knowledge of low latency, high volume, low memory applications
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
FinTech is an exciting career path, this company take this desirable opportunity and improve it. They are already established with products / services, and with customers lined up to consume their services. They are led by industry veterans already engaging with technology disruptors. They provide a start-up opportunity, with the chance to be involved at the beginning, to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful Full Stack Developer with relevant matches for the skills required for the role, will receive a generous salary and package. Holidays and company initiatives will keep you motivated and the relaxed environment coupled with a philosophy that balances personal life, perspective and needs all creates a culture very different from the normal financial service organisation. Packages are bespoke based on experience.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Key skills terminology
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process