FPSG are looking for a Digital Consultant to join our Edinburgh based Client's growing Consultancy practice. Working as part of the Consultancy team, you will help to develop and realise digital strategies for organisations in both the public and private sectors.
As Digital Consultant your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying practical opportunities for various clients to make the most of digital transformation and to streamline, improve and redesign digital services.
- Using your practical experience of designing, shaping and delivering digital projects in the context of business change / digital transformation / technology rationalisation.
- Utilising your strong grounding in user-centred design principles and being used to working with Agile.
- Being comfortable communicating - in person and in writing - with clients at all levels of an organisation, and with differing levels of knowledge of digital processes and practices.
As a successful Digital Consultant, you will have:
- A deep understanding of digital technology and be familiar with technology trends.
- An ability to be adaptable, empathetic and pragmatic. You will thrive in a creative environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction.
- The flexibility when required to be away from the Edinburgh offices, consulting with users and stakeholders in locations across Scotland and the rest of the UK.
In your current role you might be a product owner, business analyst or consultant, but whatever the job title you will be able to demonstrate experience of at least three of the following project types:
- Working with clients to develop their digital vision and strategy
- Structuring and running discovery projects that engage clients
- Researching and writing software or product specifications
- Researching and writing technology appraisals
- Creating digital delivery road maps
- Using service design principles to deliver better outcomes
Whilst there are opportunities to learn on the job, and we can help with that, we are looking for candidates already comfortable with:
- Identifying and capturing client requirements through workshops and interviews
- Interpreting business / user / technical needs and translating these into practical digital projects / programmes
- Advising senior clients around digital strategy and digital transformation
- Business analysis, solution design and digital service requirement definition
- Defining 'as is' states and future desired states
- Pre-sales consultancy and proposal writing
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Practical experience of digital discovery, service design and delivery projects
- Preparing and leading workshops and meetings
- Client engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to make sense of and influence complex situations
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with an appetite for learning
- Collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams
In return FPSG's Client will reward you with a generous salary and package, which will be on top of an excellent holiday allowance and flexible work / life balance.
The growth is underway, so please submit your CV by way of application immediately. Changes can be made to the CV where necessary once discussed with FPSG, so register your interest with us first, then we can work with you to bring the best out of you for what the Client needs with what you can offer.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.