DevOps Automation Engineer - Glasgow
FPSG are currently recruiting a DevOps Automation Engineer for our client to work from their Glasgow office. You will join their existing yet growing team, working within a fast paced Agile environment where you will be given the opportunity to progress within the team whilst influencing the development and deployment tools.
In your role as DevOps Automation Engineer, you will be involved in the Continuous Integration and implementation of the day-to-day tools & products used within the business. You will be liaising with 3rd party vendors and looking after the deployment of open-source development tools and products. These tools will then be hosted by the team using the company infrastructure to be used by the developers and testers throughout the business.
AS THE DEVOPS AUTOMATION ENGINEER YOUR DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES WOULD INCLUDE
- Engineering Evaluation & Deployment
- Enterprise Level Development Tools
- Enterprise Hosting Products (Web & Software)
- Building, Maintenance & Infrastructure Support
- Test Driven Development including Automation (TDD)
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Database & SDLC Practices
- Solid Scripting Skills
- Liaise with Solution architects to ensure speed and ease of delivery
TO BE A SUCCESSFUL DEVOPS AUTOMATION ENGINEER, TECH EXPERIENCE WILL INCLUDE
- Windows or Linux
- Experience of architecting scalable hosting solutions in the cloud (AWS)
- Perforce and Git
- Cloud based environments, ideally with automation tools and Playbooks (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, CircleCI, CruiseControl or equivalent).
- Code Quality - Sonar]
- Apache / Tomcat
- Agile and TDD practices
- Issue Tracking - JIRA
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an environment where you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package as well as a structured career path, feel free to contact myself directly for a confidential discussion to find out more.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age