Database Developer (AWS, SQL, NoSQL, Oracle)
Database Developer - PL/SQL / NoSQL / AWS - FinTech
Permanent - Edinburgh
FPSG are partnered with an exciting FinTech business who are expanding their worldwide operations in Edinburgh and currently need to add a Data Developers to their ranks. You will be working on the development of numerous and varied interface to connections to outside parties across different platforms.
This role will help the business continue to disrupt established players in the market and offer customers innovative products and services. You will become a key member of the Team helping to develop and implement solutions to end customers.
Key responsibilities of the Cloud Data Developer include:
- Development & maintenance of Database queries
- Developing into a broad Cloud-based stack
- Involvement in development of strategy for Open Banking
- Development of server side logic, definition and maintenance of central Oracle database
- Development definition and maintenance of AWS documentDB, MongoDB
- Ensuring high performance and responsiveness of application
- Implementation of security and data protection solutions
- Work with the product and design teams to understand customer needs and requirements, help formulate use cases
- Helping to identify solutions to difficult cases and help to deliver results to tight deadline
Knowledge and Experience required by the Cloud Data Developer:
- Able to develop and grow within a new team
- Developing into a Cloud-based data stack using AWS
- Demonstrable experience designing, planning and implementing a suite of PL/SQL scripts and tools to drive Oracle database procedures
- Demonstrable experience designing, planning and implementing a suite AWS Cloud Data solutions in documentDB, MongoDB
- Exposure to Cloud Development AWS Amazon Web Services
- Exposure to Oracle Data Warehousing
- Awareness and understanding of Open Banking
- Ability to make own decisions while working as part of a team
- Willing to work in an environment where many decisions have still to be taken and where change is an ever present feature
Without doubt FinTech is an exciting career path, this organisation take this desirable opportunity and improve it. In effect they de-risk the career move. They are already established with products and services. They have already customers consuming their services and others lined up. They are led by a number of industry veterans with domain knowledge and industry contacts. With the new strategic plan to bring outsourced development in-house, there remains a start-up style opportunity to be in at the beginning, to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful Cloud Data Developer with the relevant matches to the role and the business will receive a generous salary and ever expanding package. Holidays and initiatives will keep you motivated and the flexible working patterns and the relaxed approach inspires creativity over conformity.
Please ensure you submit your CV immediately for this opportunity. FPSG are partnered exclusively with our FinTech Client to meet all their hiring needs and will advise suitable candidates of the process that can progress swiftly and with guaranteed feedback from interview. Business commitments aside there is no drawn out processes, if you're deemed amongst the best Data Developers for these roles, you will be given an opportunity to progress an exciting career in FinTech.
Key skills terminology
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process