Data Engineer - Fully Remote
FPSG are looking to speak with Data Engineers with Azure data processing experience, for a remote working opportunity to join our Client on a permanent basis. With excellent reward available, including the associated benefits of joining a flourishing start-up business in their formative years, this is the time to come and add value that will benefit you for years to come.
You will no doubt be familiar with working at the moment with disparate data sources, ingesting, transforming and processing data streams into actionable insights for direct use or for onward processing.
We anticipate you to have a proven track record of delivery and a strong passion for adherence to best practices in the data engineering discipline. Invariably, you are likely to be passionate about data in all its forms and see the value in transforming data into actionable insights.
There will be extensive support throughout your career with the Client, so to get off to the best possible start, it will also help if you see yourself as:
- enthusiastic and motivated, with a desire for constant learning
- a great communicator and natural collaborator
- intrigued by the potential of digital solutions for real life problems
- willing to offer an opinion or critique in a constructive manner
- be excited by the challenge and opportunity to positively improve the lives of others through well utilised data solutions
Working in a growing start-up your responsibilities will encompass all aspects of data use within their platform, working closely with the CTO and lending your experience to the implementation of data driven solutions. You will:
- assist with the design and implementation of data processing and transformation solutions alongside members of the product, development and data science teams.
- bring your knowledge and experience of Azure data processing services to our platform, this will include some of the following: Data factory, Data Share, Databricks, Event hubs and Stream analytics to build data ingestion and processing pipelines that deal with highly confidential data securely and efficiently
- advise and assist with the design of data storage solutions to meet objectives of platform and service components.
- implement data solutions using a range of Azure cloud data services such as Azure storage (data lake),Cosmos DB and Azure SQL (inc. Synapse)
- work with members of the Data science team, supporting and building data processing pipelines that provide customised, anonymised data to machine learning models for both scheduled and real time predictions
- process data from machine learning models to enrich existing confidential data with actionable insights that end users can use in the ongoing management pertinent to their needs
Knowledge of any of the following would be a bonus:
- experience building CI/CD pipelines (DataOps) for data processing solutions and integrating DevOps practices into your daily work
- experience working with source control systems such as Git
- awareness and/or experience of languages such as Python or .NET (C#)
- knowledge and experience building and deploying application solutions to Azure based on PaaS services such as Azure App Service and Azure Functions
Please apply immediately to enter into the interview process, which, like the roole itself will be conducted remotely.
An excellent, bespoke benefits package will be discussed with suitably qualified Data Engineers ahead of interview. Some significant benefits associated with successful start-up businesses are certain to be of interest.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process