Cyber Security Specialist
FPSG's client require an experienced Cyber Security specialist to join their Edinburgh technology hub. The ideal candidate will have a detailed understanding of Cyber security methodologies, an analytical mind and desire to solve problems that others can't.
Within the role the candidate will provide expert advice to high level management teams, acting as an SME for specific aspects of Information security.
- Monitor security events from multiple sources, analyse the results and escalate.
- Implementing, managing, monitoring security measures for the protection of data / networks / systems
- Testing and identifying vulnerabilities within the network and system.
- Troubleshooting security and network faults and work to solve problems.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Ensuring data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Provides guidance/training and education to security operations teams for associated products.
- Act as a Subject matter Expert for product, tools, analysis and techniques.
To be successful in the role of IT Security Engineer (Cyber) you will have experience with:
- Familiarity with a range of market leading Firewall and Antivirus tools
- Operational Support Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
- Understanding of Multi-factor Authentication, Digital Signatures and Encryption
- Operational Support Symantec Data Loss Protection
- Experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Exposure to Penetration Testing
An excellent salary and benefits package linked to experience. An autonomous working environment and a structured career path, provided within a flexible working environment.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process