Commercial Manager (Resettlement Services)
Role: Commercial Manager (Resettlement Services)
Location: Manchester based
Salary: £34,090 - £45,102 plus excellent benefits - Please note any new entrants into the civil service will start at the bottom of the advertised banding scale.
Our retained client The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) are a major government department, at the heart of the Justice system. The department serves the public by upholding the rule of law, and by delivering an efficient, fair, timely and effective justice system. Our vision is to deliver a world-class justice system that works for everyone in society.
Our 4 strategic priorities to deliver our vision are:
- Prison and probation service that reforms offenders;
- Modern courts and justice system;
- Global Britain that promotes the rule of law;
- Transformed department that is simpler, smarter and more unified.
MoJ's Commercial and Contract Management Directorate (CCMD) support some of the most innovative commercial work in government. The directorate's work is crucial to the successful delivery of the £1.3bn prison reform and £700m court reform programmes, and spends approximately £3.5bn a year on over 1,000 active contracts. The directorate also provides procurement and contract management activities across a wide range of categories, ensuring value for money agreements are in place for wider MoJ staff to source goods and services from.
We are seeking a Commercial professional with the right personal qualities - enthusiasm, energy, proactivity, collaborative, prepared to work as part of a team and under their own initiative and to be flexible and adaptable in a demanding environment.
The Resettlement Services team in CCMD's Rehabilitation Services portfolio lead in the delivery of category and commercial contract management services within the Resettlement Portfolio, focusing specifically on Resettlement services within Prisons and Grants.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Leading pre-procurement, sourcing and contract management activity including strategy development, market engagement, negotiation, performance management and exit activity where required;
- Analysing market, spend and performance data and using this to inform commercial activity and deliver against reporting requirements;
- Ensuring adherence to governance, legislative and policy requirements as appropriate;
- Develop and manage productive relationships with stakeholders and suppliers to support delivery, implement and manage commercial services, contract management and sourcing strategies (stakeholders include: customers, suppliers, legal and finance);
- Owner of key strategic contracts and the relationships with assigned suppliers to ensure robust management of commercial delivery against contract (including payment mechanisms and KPI delivery) whilst driving innovation to create value for money;
- Be a key member of the commercial team and support development and improvement of operational efficiencies between all specialisms;
- Driving commercial opportunities to deliver value for money and/or savings;
- Stakeholder engagement and strong relationship building to define requirements, develop, implement and manage procurement and contract management strategies (stakeholders include: customers, suppliers, legal and finance);
- Tracking spend, savings, supplier performance and continuous improvement across the team.
- A proven track record of procuring and/or managing high value, complex and important contracts in a similar complex commercial environment;
- Working with complex contractual, financial and legal constructs;
- Managing supplier and contract performance across multiple, complex contracts;
- Excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills;
- Awareness of public sector procurement legislation;
- Ownership of tasks / projects from initial stages through to completion;
- Demonstrable Experience of Project management; Stakeholder engagement; Presentation and drafting skills;
- Experience of eProcurement portals, Bravo, Oracle systems or similar.
- Application of public sector procurement legislation in a central government setting including a working knowledge of public sector procurement legislation including EU Rules and UK interpretations;
- Relevant category knowledge and/or industry experience
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process