Commercial Manager - Resettlement - Manchester/Leeds
Vacancy Reference: FPSG/DSI/63352
Commercial Manager - Resettlement - Manchester/ also consider Leeds
Competitive Salary up to £40,000 and Benefits
FPSG's retained client, The Ministry of Justice is a major government department, at the heart of the justice system. Responsible for courts, prisons and probation services, they work to ensure sentences are served and offenders are given rehabilitation opportunities to become law-abiding citizens.
The Commercial and Contract Management Directorate manages over 1000 active contracts and spends £3.5bn a year and is crucial to the successful delivery of prison and court reform programmes. It provides procurement and contract management activities across a wide range of categories, ensuring value for money agreements are in place for wider Ministry of Justice staff to source goods and services from.
The Ministry of Justice have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join the Rehabilitation Services team in Manchester/Leeds. This team covers a wide range of services from the National Probation Service to privately run probation services, Resettlement services within prison, Education, HMPPS Grants and ESF contracts. As a Commercial Manager you will play a key role in delivering procurement, supplier and contract management activities to reduce commercial risk and exposure and increase value for money. Working within a fast-paced environment, you will bring excellent communication and organisational skills to ensure contracts are working effectively to meet business needs and stakeholder relationships are managed appropriately.
With an opportunity to drive value and create real difference within Justice Services, the post holder will be supporting the Senior Commercial Manager in the delivery of category and commercial contract management services within the Resettlement Services Portfolio, focusing specifically on Resettlement services within Prisons and Grants. Challenges will never be the same, something that in itself makes this area so appealing, ranging from current day to day commercial issues to shaping the future generation of portfolio services.
- Leading pre-procurement, sourcing and contract management activity including strategy development, market engagement, negotiation, performance management and exit activity where required
- Analysing market, spend and performance data and using this to inform commercial activity and deliver against reporting requirements
- Ensuring adheres to governance, legislative and policy requirements as appropriate
- Develop and manage productive relationships with stakeholders and suppliers to support delivery, implement and manage commercial services, contract management and sourcing strategies (stakeholders include: customers, suppliers, legal and finance);
- Owner of key strategic contracts and the relationships with assigned suppliers.
- Be a key member of the commercial team and support development and improvement of operational efficiencies between all specialisms.
- Driving commercial opportunities to deliver value for money and/or savings
- Tracking spend, savings, supplier performance and continuous improvement across the team
As a successful Commercial Manager, you will have:
- MCIPS or IACCM qualification or relevant industry experience and a willingness to work towards gaining qualification
- A proven track-record working in a similar commercial environment in either a procurement, contract or supplier relationship management role
- Excellent team working and collaboration skills;
- Managing supplier and contract performance across multiple, complex contracts
- Excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Application of public sector procurement legislation in a central government setting including a working knowledge of public sector procurement legislation including EU Rules and UK interpretations
- Working knowledge of Procurement Systems, e.g. Oracle and/or Bravo.
In return The Ministry of Justice will reward you with a Competitive Salary and benefits package
In the first instance, please send your updated CV and remuneration package to David Simpson at FPSG
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
ALL 3RD PARTY CV's SENT TO THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE WILL BE FORWARED TO FPSG