Vacancy Reference: FPSG/DSI/63429
Commercial Manager (Procurement)-Leeds based with home working 2 days per week
Competitive Salary plus Benefits including Civil Service Pension, Flexible working arrangements
FPSG's retained client, The Ministry of Justice is a major government department, at the heart of the justice system. Responsible for courts, prisons and probation services, they work to ensure sentences are served and offenders are given rehabilitation opportunities to become law-abiding citizens.
The Commercial and Contract Management Directorate manages over 1000 active contracts and spends £3.5bn a year and is crucial to the successful delivery of prison and court reform programmes. It provides procurement and contract management activities across a wide range of Categories, including Translation Services, Resettlement, Food and Retail, Corporate Services, Prison Education, Industrial Services, Financial Services and Offender Welfare ensuring value for money agreements are in place for wider Ministry of Justice staff to source goods and services from.
The Ministry of Justice have an exciting opportunity for a number of Commercial Managers to join the team in Leeds. The Category/Contract teams are responsible for the commercial management of the Ministry's Categories and Contracts. As a Commercial Manager you will be responsible for one or more of the MOJ's high-profile and critical contracts, proactively managing the contracts in collaboration with the Ministry's operational contract management teams. This will involve building market knowledge to identify opportunities for savings and innovation, managing commercial risk and exposure and increasing value for money. Working within a fast-paced environment, you will bring excellent communication and organisational skills to ensure contracts are working effectively to meet business needs and stakeholder relationships are managed appropriately
* Leading pre-procurement and sourcing activity including requirements definition, strategy development, market engagement and producing the invitation to tender pack.
* Strategy development at contract level, using business acumen and market insight to drive commercial opportunities to deliver continuous improvement, value for money and/or savings
* Embedding Cabinet Office's Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) approach at contract level
* Analysing market, spend and performance data and presenting this to support commercial activity and reporting requirements
* Leading on collaborative commercial opportunities, working with other government departments both in our region and nationally
* Leading conflict and issue resolution with suppliers and stakeholders, seeking support from the Senior Commercial Manager where appropriate
* Potentially line managing a team of 1-3 people
As a successful Commercial Manager (Procurement),you will have:
* A proven track-record working in a similar commercial environment in either a category, sourcing, contract or supplier relationship management role
* Ownership of tasks/projects from initial stages through to completion
* Awareness of public sector procurement legislation
* Application of public sector procurement legislation in a central government setting
* Working knowledge of Procurement Systems, e.g. Oracle and/or Bravo
* Experience in monitoring supplier financial health, making use of mechanisms such as open-book contract management
* MCIPS qualification or relevant industry experience and a willingness to work towards gaining qualification
In return The Ministry of Justice will reward you with a Competitive Salary and benefits package
In the first instance, please send your updated CV and remuneration package to David Simpson at FPSG
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process