Commercial Manager -Probation Services
Role: Commercial Manager (Probation Services Team)
Location: Manchester based
Salary: £34,090 - £45,102 plus excellent benefits - Please note any new entrants into the civil service will start at the bottom of the advertised banding scale.
Our retained client The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) are a major government department, at the heart of the Justice system. The department serves the public by upholding the rule of law, and by delivering an efficient, fair, timely and effective justice system. Our vision is to deliver a world-class justice system that works for everyone in society.
Our 4 strategic priorities to deliver our vision are:
- Prison and probation service that reforms offenders;
- Modern courts and justice system;
- Global Britain that promotes the rule of law;
- Transformed department that is simpler, smarter and more unified.
MoJ's Commercial and Contract Management Directorate (CCMD) support some of the most innovative commercial work in government. The directorate's work is crucial to the successful delivery of the £1.3bn prison reform and £700m court reform programmes, and spends approximately £3.5bn a year on over 1,000 active contracts. The directorate also provides procurement and contract management activities across a wide range of categories, ensuring value for money agreements are in place for wider MoJ staff to source goods and services from.
We are seeking a Commercial professional with the right personal qualities - enthusiasm, energy, proactivity, collaborative, prepared to work as part of a team and under their own initiative and to be flexible and adaptable in a demanding environment.
The Probation Services Commercial team in CCMD's Rehabilitation Services portfolio lead the end-to-end strategy, sourcing and management (including service provider transition and exit management) of the current and future probation services.
As part of this we are establishing the largest dynamic framework in the public sector a suite of core intervention services.
- Reporting to Senior Commercial Manager
- Managing the transition and exit of suppliers against current contract
- Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) Supplier management to ensure robust management of commercial delivery against contract (including payment mechanisms and commercial delivery)
- To support the SCM in range of key commercial matters including areas such as Change notices and contractual disputes
- Attend when required / instructed the CRC governance meetings as agreed with SCM
- Ensure that collaborative professional relationship with key colleagues in CMT's for respective CRC's. Provide professional commercial service to all relevant stakeholders, operating at all times as an ambassador within CCMD and the wider commercial profession.
- Comply with all Departmental controls relating to commercial practice and otherwise, including strict adherence to delegated authorities, and ensure that staff do the same.
- A proven track record of procuring and/or managing high value, complex and important contracts in a similar complex commercial environment;
- Working with complex contractual, financial and legal constructs;
- Managing supplier and contract performance across multiple, complex contracts;
- Excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills;
- Awareness of public sector procurement legislation;
- Ownership of tasks / projects from initial stages through to completion;
- Demonstrable Experience of Project management; Stakeholder engagement; Presentation and drafting skills;
- Experience of eProcurement portals, Bravo, Oracle systems or similar.
- Application of public sector procurement legislation in a central government setting including a working knowledge of public sector procurement legislation including EU Rules and UK interpretations;
- Relevant category knowledge and/or industry experience
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process