Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
FPSG are proudly working exclusively in partnership with a globally recognised IT consultancy firm that are based in Edinburgh. Due to the ongoing growth of the business, we are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer that is passionate about what they do to join the team on a permanent basis.
You will be highly experienced within your field and be able to display a quality of leadership skills as you will be the main point of contact within infrastructure team. You will come from a qualified IT infrastructure background and possess excellent technical competencies as you will need to deliver the highest level of availability, performance and security.
This role is perfect for someone that has intangible soft skills to include working with the development team when they build different platforms.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and maintain cutting-edge cloud-based solutions primarily on AWS and Azure platforms
- Lead and contribute to exciting cloud transformation projects, ensuring seamless migration and successful implementation of applications and services.
- Utilise your expertise in infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools, such as Terraform, to architect and maintain highly efficient and scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Engineer and optimise robust CI/CD pipelines, empowering rapid and reliable software delivery across all development stages, from testing to production environments.
- Implement and nurture DevOps processes and tools that foster collaboration and automation, driving innovation.
- Provide expert guidance and support to development teams, ensuring smooth and efficient deployment of cloud-based applications while adhering to best practices.
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure issues, leveraging your skills to implement performance optimisation measures and ensure unwavering availability.
- Stay at the forefront of the latest cloud technologies, DevOps practices, and industry trends, actively sharing your knowledge to promote continuous improvement.
- Proven track record as a highly skilled Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, with a strong focus on AWS or Azure environments.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS services, including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, IAM, and API Gateway.
- Familiarity with Azure services, such as VMs, Azure Storage, Azure Functions, Virtual Networks, Azure Active Directory, and ARM templates.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools like Terraform, combined with proficiency in scripting languages such as Go, Python or PowerShell/Bash.
- Demonstrated expertise in engineering and maintaining robust CI/CD pipelines using popular tools like GitLab CI/CD, or Azure DevOps. Github Actions
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles and practices, encompassing configuration management, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Exceptional with collaboration skills, and demostrating you to effectively work within a cross-functional team and be able to articulate concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly desirable: Certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Azure Administrator Associate.
An excellent starting salary is available and you will also be part of the companies benefit structure from a very generous holiday allowance along with retail discounts & reward schemes . Agile working model is a really great way to balance life with work. We look forward to discussing the best package to suit your lifestyle.
Please submit your most recent CV (in Word format if possible) in order to be considered for the interview process which will be arranged to suit your schedule and fit around current diary commitments. Suitable candidates will be contacted very swiftly and introduced to the Client once qualified with a view to completing the process in a timely fashion to fill these roles.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process