UK Based - 100% Working from Home
A unique career opportunity to work with a UK based start-up championing enterprise post-quantum real-time communications. Proof of concept moving into production, customers signed up and progressing, funding advancing through the stages, industry/market veterans and top universities engaged. The market leading C++ architectured platform and patented cryptographic processes enable secure interoperability between any device.
As a C++ Engineer, you will contribute to design, development and delivery of exceptional code that will run millions of enabled industrial devices. You will be working with the engineering leadership team with influence and input to systems design, tool choice and final solution.
Your Engineering responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the design technical solutions with the Engineering leadership team.
- Developing software for use on embedded devices.
- Contributing to solutions based on cloud services communicating with edge devices and edge devices communicating with each other.
- Supporting the advocacy of the IoT governance processes.
- Using methods such as Agile and Model-Driven techniques to define integrated solutions.
- Contributing to the design of message and event-driven architectures.
- Championing the company's innovative security enablement solutions.
To be a successful C++ Engineer you will possess:
- A career with demonstrable and diverse C++ engineering skills
- Experience working with and writing Asio (Non-Boost, Boost, Networking TS)
- Advanced C++ programming on Linux environments - Modern C++ 11, 14, 17 standards.
- Understanding of Modern C++ threading APIs.
- Linux networking experience ideally to include Netfilter, NetfilterQueue, BPF
- Exposure to Linux (Debian 9+ / amd64 / aarch64), Raspbian (9.4+ / armhf)
- Architecting and developing API layers and SDK toolkits.
- Knowledge of cryptography.
- Background in documenting processes and procedures
- An ability to bring "simplicity" through automation to simplify and remove complexity.
- Comfortable debating (challenging & defending) ideas for technical solutions with the engineering and design team.
Desirable skills and opportunities for cross-training:
- Experience of IoT based cloud and edge device platforms.
- Experience of different IoT hardware, operating systems and communications protocols.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and their implementations.
- Knowledge of creating cross-platform libraries before for Linux and Windows.
- Experience of CI/CD (GitLab).
- Previously shipped software products for embedded devices.
The current development team work remotely, this practice predates Covid and will be the normal delivery model, hence familiarity working with globally distributed teams is beneficial. Please note, where candidates can be based anywhere in the UK they must have the right to live and work in the UK through residency or pre-settled status, and be able to commit to a "developer summit" in-person meeting every two or three months.
This career building opportunity brings all the benefits of creativity and opportunity that are made available in the start-up environment, with the added security that funding is strong and products & services are already in the market with customers and consumers already pushing the solution forward.
Depending on your level of experience and ability to traverse the technical requirements laid out above, there are upper quartile salaries (typically between £35-65k), flexible working practices, share options and bonuses. (Travel to quarterly engineering summits will be required and paid for by the company)
Please "apply Now" with a full CV, highlighting your relevant experience, to be consider for the next stage of this application.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Software Engineer, Developer, C++, Asio (Non-Boost, Boost, Networking TS), Asio (Non-Boost, Boost, Networking TS), CI, CD, Linux, Netfilter, NetfilterQueue, BPF, Debian 9+, amd64, aarch64, Raspbian 9.4, armhf, Cryptography, IoT, Cloud, edge device, real-time communications, cryptographic processes
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process