C# .Net Core Developers - WFH / Edinburgh
FPSG's Edinburgh based Client is continuing to grow and wish to hire some more top quality Developers with C# .Net Core skills. With ambitious growth plans showing no signs of letting up, they have fresh career opportunities for talented and innovative Developers with specific .Net Core skills at this time. To support this fast-paced, sustained growth, these vacancies offer the opportunity to start work ASAP on a current exciting project, where you will be working from home, with a view to being based in Central Scotland post Covid-19, with a mature working pattern agreed for office time versus home working.
What you'll do
You'll have a wide range of responsibilities. The projects you'll be involved in will require you to apply your expertise in many different ways, whilst remaining enthusiastic and motivated, with an appetite for learning. Personal development will be hugely attainable for anyone with great communication skills and a naturally collaborative approach. Familiar with the merits of asking questions that help you solve conceptual problems will be useful traits to deploy on a daily basis. Ultimately, your focused, sharp attention to detail will help keep you organised and passionate about improving outcomes for clients and end users.
You will typically work with the other members of a project team to define the scope of a project with a consistent and reflective approach to estimation. Delivering maintainable applications with a mature approach to the intent and structure of the code, taking into account a range of potential design patterns, you will build a range of integrations with other systems to serve a variety of project needs, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce.
This will include code to provide and consume RESTful APIs;
- Queuing, pub/sub and other event-driven architectural components.
- Implementing reusable components and APIs for purposes of integration, performance optimisation, security, and scalability.
- Debugging and diagnosing complex issues with production applications.
- Researching and sharing knowledge of tools, processes, and techniques with your wider team, both developers and non-developers.
- Acting as a digital ambassador for FPSG's Client, supporting recruitment, identifying good practices to adopt, sharing experiences through blog posts, and technical talks at conferences.
- Participating in the in-house (2nd line) support of applications you and others have built.
- Using their continuous build and deployment pipeline to rapidly deliver code during project development and when participating in support.
- Writing automated tests to be executed within their continuous build and deployment pipeline.
- Appraising new technologies and techniques and share findings with the rest of the technical team and the wider company.
- Providing help to recruit other talented developers, reviewing applications, and taking part in interviews as appropriate.
As a successful C#.Net Developer, you will have:
Strong C# .Net / .Net Core experience
Previously been involved in projects using REST APIs
Possibly worked on a range of Clients across the Public Sector and Private Sectors. This could be useful given the wide Client base FPSG are aware you will be given the best possible exposure to if successful.
In return our client will reward you with a salary and package commensurate with your experience.
Please submit your most relevant CV (ideally in Word format) for review and expect a prompt turnaround for suitable candidates to be selected for interview, given the urgency around the vacancies and desire to hit the ground running.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process