Business Accountant (Projects)
FPSG, working in partnership with our leading public sector organisation, have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join our client in Glasgow as a Project Accountant / Business Accountant. Arising as part of continued growth and investment, our client focuses on providing fiscal support to their end customers, delivering a high level of service through their innovative digital products. This appointment offers the opportunity to work on a hybrid basis (3 days at home / 2 days in the office).
A varied and exciting opportunity for the right candidate, you will be dealing with key internal stakeholders to assist in the delivery of their key projects, demonstrating means in which finances can be improved on both a technical and non-technical basis giving consideration to these stakeholders being from a non-accounting / financial background.
In addition to this, responsibilities for this position will include (but not limited to):
- Actively challenge budget holders on their assumptions, risks, variances, and expenditure profiles to improve financial forecasts, using your personal expertise.
- Producing end of month dashboards, ongoing commentary on the finances through risk assessing, forecast assumption and variances.
- Ensure great VFM is achieved as well as Support the Finance Business Partner and the key stakeholders in the setting of the annual budget and subsequent quarterly reviews for your business area.
To be considered for this position, ideally you will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA etc) or be Part qualified to final stage of qualified membership of a relevant professional body or Qualified by experience.
- Have obtained project or management accounting experience.
- Track record in in presenting financial risks and assumptions to internal stakeholders in addition to helping others understand their finances & improve their financial forecasting.
- Strong IT skills including advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in finding & correcting financial governance risks in addition to experience in initiating customer service improvements.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
In return, our client will reward you with a market leading remuneration package in addition to ongoing professional development and further career development opportunities. The client also offers flexi-working, performance based pay awards, pension contribution and buy/sell holidays amongst other benefits!
In order to be considered for this position, please send your CV via the "apply now" and follow the instructions or alternatively, please contact Lewis McNiven in the FPSG Glasgow office on 0141 270 5003.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age. We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process